Product Manager, Data Management
New York, NY
R&D – Product
Product Managers at Addepar sit at the intersection of software development, design, and business strategy. We shape high-level product goals but also get our hands dirty. On an average day, you might pitch a concept to senior leadership, create a launch plan with marketing, conduct user research, prototype a new feature, analyze usage data, and pair with an engineering team on implementation.
Addepar’s data platform provides daily data aggregation, normalization capability and verification of data from hundreds of custodian and market data sources. The product manager will report to the data product owner and have responsibility for the strategy and build out of the operations platform that facilitates the above functions. You will interact with Addepar’s internal and external users and key stakeholders to determine how to best drive value through our data platform via improved data models, tooling and interaction with the data on the platform. You will also have the opportunity to work with senior leadership to understand Addepar’s vision, break down the vision into a roadmap and work with design, engineering and marketing to build out the data product.
- Define the vision and strategy for Addepar’s middle and back office platform to propel the efficiency of Addepar's internal and external users.
- Lead feature development through the entire life cycle, from concept to adoption.
- Build strong data-driven arguments, prioritize with business strategy in mind, and evangelize projects to build consensus within the organization.
- Work closely with engineering, product design and analytics on defining success metrics, building the platform and ensuring adoption.
- Understand the wealth industry and learn about the key players, including client segments, custodians and other data providers.
- 5+ years experience as a product manager or similar role, with a track record of building and launching new products on a common platform.
- Analytical mindset - ability to build strong, data backed arguments for projects and ideas and evangelize them within the organization.
- Proven track record of execution over the whole product management lifecycle: design, development, launch, and adoption.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - interface with our clients as well as internal stakeholders: operations, sales, product managers, designers, engineers, leadership.
- Self-starter who can identify and solve problems through process improvement or product buildout.
- Experience with working with operations teams in a financial services setting in the past is a plus.
- Experience working in a growth company, or a smaller unit within a larger company, is a plus.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.