Director of Product Management, Data Platform
New York, NY
R&D – Product
The Director of Product Management, Data Platform will be responsible for the data platform and services that powers Addepar’s leading portfolio management products, as well as client and vendor integrations. In this role, reporting to the VP of Product and located in our New York City office, you will have significant strategic impact and influence on the direction of the company, driving the evolution of our platform, products and third-party ecosystem with a talented team of product managers, while partnering closely with leaders across the business to build the preeminent technology and services that serve investment teams in wealth management and beyond.
- Define and own end-to-end the data aggregation, reconciliation and management vision, strategy, and execution across the product development lifecycle.
- Partner with R&D teams, operations teams and third-parties (asset servicing and market data providers) to further define and develop Addepar’s data platform offering. Areas of focus include data partner access, core data models, reconciliation workflows, operations tooling and public APIs.
- Identify, define and develop predictable, repeatable, and scalable ways to bring more of the world’s financial assets onto the platform, including alternative investments and a variety of less liquid assets.
- Partner with R&D teams to develop a platform that can power a growing suite of products and integrations and scale by several orders of magnitude per year.
- Identify potential commercial opportunities to offer data aggregation and management as standalone offerings within wealth management and other market segments.
- Drive business growth utilizing measures of scale, data quality, integration velocity, and uptime as key performance indicators.
- Build the right team of product managers and subject matter experts to drive execution across the various data management functions, including research, functional specification, and orchestration of development, release and adoption.
- 5-10 years of product management experience, with a proven track record of leading cross-functional teams to develop the technology and services that power data-intensive, highly customizable, interactive and responsive products geared toward investment use cases. Experience leading growth companies from a product to platform focus is a major plus.
- Ability to communicate domain problems to engineering and to partner with engineering to define the technical implementation to solve a business problem. This includes understanding of computer science concepts (data modeling, database design skills, basic algorithmic complexity and a working knowledge of these concepts in relation to today’s public data centers) and reviewing technical requirements documents.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills - interface with our clients as well as internal stakeholders: product managers, engineers, executive leadership, sales, operations and product marketing.
- Passion for the finance and technology space and solving previously intractable problems at the heart of investment management.
- A track record of execution in all parts of the product lifecycle: design, development, launch, and adoption.
Addepar is a leading provider of technology for the wealth management industry. The company’s performance reporting and analytics platform aggregates portfolio, market, and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with leading financial advisors, family offices, and large financial institutions that manage over $1.3 trillion of assets on the company’s platform. In 2018, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 and received Morgan Stanley's Fintech Award for making significant impact to the firm’s mission of continuous innovation. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.