Data Analyst - Insights
New York, NY
R&D – Product
The Insights team at Addepar has three objectives: create data-driven tools and analytics to help our clients make better investment decisions, provide access to a wide range of high quality investment products, and deliver both of these within a seamless, digital workflow. The Data Analyst will play a lead role in developing actionable investment insights for our wealth management clients. This will include vetting new data sources, working with our partners to create and integrate data feeds, and to use a variety of analytics techniques to create new, actionable insights for the advisors on our platform.
Our dataset provides a unique perspective in the most influential sector of the financial world. The Insights team will leverage this data to have a tangible impact on this space.
- Interact with diverse functional areas within the business and influence decision-making on a small, fast-paced startup within a startup
- Manage data ETL/ELT infrastructure including: Airflow, SQL, Python, Jenkins
- Leverage statistical, analytical and machine learning techniques to drive business and product decisions
- Onboard new data sources and partners by identifying product requirements, working with vendors to design and build pipelines that deliver data with measurable quality
- Champion the overall strategy for data governance, security, privacy, quality and retention that will satisfy business policies and requirements
- Work with data infrastructure to drive platform needs to resolution
- Work closely with product managers and engineering teams to support product development lifecycle through rollout
- Identify, document and promote best practices
Qualifications & Experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training or work experience
- 2+ years of experience working in data architecture, data modeling, master data management, metadata management
- Facility with Excel and SQL
- Experience with Python development and APIs
- Proficiency with object-oriented and/or functional programming languages (e.g. Java, Python, Go) preferred
- Experience with Product Analytics, Business & Operations Analytics and/or investment management software preferred
Competencies Needed for Success
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced growth company. Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Demonstrated ability to navigate between big-picture and implementation details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both technical and business audiences
- Ability to partner effectively with colleagues across a range of technical and business functions; strong interpersonal skills
Addepar is a leading provider of technology for the wealth management industry. The company’s performance reporting and analytics platform aggregates portfolio, market, and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with leading financial advisors, family offices, and large financial institutions that manage over $1.3 trillion of assets on the company’s platform. In 2018, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 and received Morgan Stanley's Fintech Award for making significant impact to the firm’s mission of continuous innovation. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.