Mountain View, CA
R&D – Engineering
At its core, Addepar is a data company. We’re building interoperability and transparency across hundreds of financial systems, and creating more powerful and robust financial applications on top of that platform.
As an Analytics Engineer at Addepar, you will own the architecture that aggregates data across all business data sources and surfaces that data in meaningful ways to enable decision making across all aspects of the business. This includes not only maintaining the data pipeline, but also connecting into BI tools that enable users to discover and analyze the data. In the process, you will have the opportunity to interact with different functional areas within the business, dive deep into the financial data, and influence decision-making in a fast-paced, high-growth FinTech company.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of providing data solutions that impact product and business decisions. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are capable of self-direction. You can take broad organizational goals and turn them into concise, effective deliverables. You will help set the vision for how we use data at Addepar and empower others in contributing toward that vision.
- Develop subject matter expertise in the Addepar product and the business tools upon which Addepar relies.
- Own the code, infrastructure, and processes to support delivery and consumption of Addepar’s business data.
- Engineer robust data pipelines into Addepar’s data warehouse, and ensure the scalability and efficiency of data.
- Deploy and/or build tooling to enable internal teams to access and visualize Addepar’s business and product data.
- Partner with product, engineering, and business teams to help shape the future of data-driven decision-making at Addepar.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative field.
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience in analytics, data warehousing, or related role.
- Expertise in writing, debugging, and optimizing SQL queries.
- Expertise in python.
- Experience building, testing, and monitoring data pipelines.
- Experience with analytical/BI tools supporting data analysis, reporting, and visualization.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including code review, source control management, automated testing, and operations.
- Experience with databases, data modeling, and data warehousing architecture.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over $1 trillion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Mountain View, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.