Product Design Intern
New York, NY
R&D – Design
The Product Design team at Addepar is looking for a product design intern to come work with us and take part in transforming how financial advisors understand and communicate their clients’ data. In an industry plagued by complicated software. Addepar is distinguished by a relentless pursuit of clean and simple user experiences. As a full-time product design intern, you will be tasked to work on meaningful projects in user-facing areas and mentored by a senior product designerin the product development lifecycle. You will participate in brainstorming sessions, stakeholder meetings, user research, and design production. Our cross-disciplinary environment will provide a unique opportunity to learn from designers, product managers, content strategists, and engineers to design impactful solutions to challenging problems from conception through validation.
- Research, design, and iterate on new features and improvements to our products and services.
- Collaborate closely with product, content strategy, and engineering on requirements development, feature definition, and implementation.
- Deliver design mocks, prototype, and assets.
- Clearly articulate and document your design decisions and rationales.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers and cross-disciplinary partners.
- Currently pursuing a degree in design, human-computer interaction, computer science, or related field.
- A solid portfolio demonstrating product thinking, visual, and interaction design work.
- A passion for using data and user research to inform design decisions and solve problems that matter.
- Strong, clean visual design sense.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and visual).
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, etc.).
Addepar is a leading provider of technology for the wealth management industry. The company’s performance reporting and analytics platform aggregates portfolio, market, and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with leading financial advisors, family offices, and large financial institutions that manage over $1.3 trillion of assets on the company’s platform. In 2018, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 and received Morgan Stanley's Fintech Award for making significant impact to the firm’s mission of continuous innovation. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.