Senior Product Designer
Mountain View, CA
R&D – Design
We are looking for designers who are interested in solving complex product and design challenges and provide end-to-end design solutions. You will be collaborating with cross-functional teams at Addepar to design workflows, interactions and visualizations helping to simplify the complex financial system into clean, straightforward, and easy-to-use product user experience. You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. If you want to break new grounds and leave your mark on something truly global in scope and essential in importance - Addepar is for you.
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and Content Writers on all stages of the product development lifecycle.
- Drive and define the design vision and strategies for a specific product area within Addepar.
- Be the user advocate of the team; help prioritize and define product roadmaps based on user wants and needs.
- Take the time to understand the complexity of the system and solve the design problem at scale.
- Ensure craftsmanship in design deliverables.
- Help contribute and evolve the Addepar Design System and UI/UX component library.
- Execute the product development and design process at Addepar, and help to improve the process.
- Has a holistic understanding of Addepar's product, business strategies and competitive landscape.
- Work with cross-functional business teams: Client Solutions, Client Success, Market Development, etc. to gain understanding and empathy around user needs in both qualitative and quantitative ways.
- Mentor junior-level designers.
- Participate in the Product Design team's hiring process.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working in the field of Product Design and UI/UX Design.
- A portfolio showcasing user-centered designs that are beautiful, delightful, and easy-to-use.
- Ability to distill complex user workflows and business problems into simple and elegant design solutions.
- Passion, talent and experience for designing end-to-end experiences.
- Experience planning and executing user research to clarify the product and design directions, as well as to evaluate and validate designs.
- Extensive experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Experience building or contributing to a design system; experience crafting a specific UI/UX component and define its look and feel, and interactions in details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, can work independently.
- Experience designing systems involve multiple user personas and complex workflows, a plus.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, or applicable programming language, a plus.
- Experience designing for applications and products with complex user workflows, a plus.
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over $1 trillion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Mountain View, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.