Software Engineer - Infrastructure
Mountain View, CA
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over $650 billion in assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Silicon Valley, New York, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
Behind the Addepar’s platform is an infrastructure team that is responsible for building secure, scalable and highly available system. The infrastructure team is working on developing and maintaining services and building the next generation of Addepar’s platform.
The financial industry has some unique constraints that poses challenges and pushes the boundaries of the existing infrastructure. Addepar’s infrastructure team is at the forefront of building systems for the financial world that have the scale while adapting to the the unique constraints of the financial world.
- Write server side code for working with large-scale distributed systems.
- Create robust and scalable production services.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience in backend, database and distributed systems frameworks, with 2 years of system level experience.
- MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in backend, database and distributed systems frameworks, with 2 years of system level experience.
- Solid experience with Java, databases and building production services.