Software Development Engineer in Test - Platform
Mountain View, CA
R&D – Engineering
The Quality Engineering team is an integral part of the engineering organization and is challenged with ensuring functional accuracy, high-performance, scalability and reliability across Addepar's complex online system. We are hiring a team of software development engineers in test (SDET) that believe in increasing efficiency with test automation and tooling to help develop, test, debug and release software quickly.
The Platform Engineering team builds our distributed back-end infrastructure and computation systems that allow users to run complex analytical computations over massive data sets in real time. As an SDET working with our Platform Engineering team, you will be responsible to help ensure high-quality of these back-end systems.
This is a great time to join our team, so If you are passionate about quality and love to write code, we would like to hear from you.
- Collaborate with engineering, and product management teams to create, automate, and execute test plans for the back-end infrastructure and computation systems
- Serve as “Domain Expert” on the Addepar back-end stack
- Ensure comprehensive functional, integration, performance, stress, and reliability testing
- Integrate automation test suites with Jenkins - our continuous integration (CI) system
- Plan and provide test support for bi-weekly releases and production hotfixes
- Provide a quality risk assessment of releases and hotfixes based on test gaps, outstanding issues and potential client impact
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 5+ years experience as a Software Developer and/or SDET, testing distributed system architectures, to cover functional, performance, stress, and reliability tests
- Experience developing and/or testing REST API based systems
- Proficient in test automation with Java and Python
- Experience with open source or similar load testing frameworks: JMeter, Grinder, Gatling
- Familiarity with common data stores ( SQL, NoSQL) is a strong plus
- Experience in the fintech industry is a strong plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over $1 trillion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Mountain View, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.