QA Software Engineer
We are a technology company building a merchant-first platform across Latin America, starting with POS financing. We aim to build a simple, personalized and fully digital financing platform that empowers our merchants by allowing them to increase sales, conversion, customer acquisition and loyalty in a profitable way. We launched in February of 2019, have already served thousands of clients and disbursed millions of dollars, and will start our first international expansion!
We operate as a full stack startup. We have built our core systems and processes from scratch, and we believe our technology and analytics platform will drive our progress into the years to come. We come at this with deep experience building and growing technology teams and financial products. As important as what we do is how we do it. We are a conscious company, and are deeply committed to working and living our five core values - Integrity, Awareness, Kindness, Action, and Judgment.
We are backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Monashees, Village Global, Quona and an outstanding team of individual angels, including Kevin Ryan, Josh Abramowitz, and Scott Weiss.
About the role
As a QA engineer at ADDI, you will work closely with fellow development software engineers and product managers to validate the correctness of our distributed system. Find pieces of the platform that are not behaving as expected using different testing techniques and increase our confidence in the resilience of our system. The quality of the platform is a shared responsability of the whole engineering area. Therefore, you are not the gatekeeper of the delivery process or just the tester of simple testing scenarios.
Why join us
- Work on a problem that matters and empower merchants across the region.
- Build a lasting company from the very beginning, helping define every aspect of it.
- Massive market opportunity ahead of us; we are growing faster than pretty much any other fintech lender was at our stage.
- Work alongside a great and diverse team that cares about what we are doing and how we are doing it.
- Generous compensation, including equity, 100% health insurance (and 50% for dependents), unlimited time-off and working remotely.
What you will do
- Embrace “testing in production” and promote that culture within the engineering organization.
- Improve our CI/CD pipeline including different kinds of automated tests that increase the confidence of our deployments to production.
- Set-up a formal process to triage and track defects in the platform with a correct severity and priority. Make accountable the rest of the engineering organization.
- Own the measurement of quality related engineering metrics and instrument the process to automate most of it.
- Make contributions to our Architecture Decision Records repository. Your contributions will help us to improve our platform and how we work at ADDI.
What are our requirements
- Growing knowledge of distributed systems theory and our software architecture including the principal styles and patterns that we are using.
- Proficiency with black box functional testing and automated regression testing of complex web applications.
- Mastery on breaking stuff and identifying the root causes of the failure.
- Growing knowledge of the internals of the platform that allows you to triage incidents in a timely manner.