Senior Software Engineer, Data
San Francisco /
Adept is an ML research and product lab building general intelligence by enabling humans and computers to work together creatively. We’ve raised a $65M Series A from Greylock and Addition and several angel investors, and were recently highlighted by Fortune.
We're looking for team members who are energized by our ambitious mission and excited to join a fast-paced startup environment, working closely together in our new office in San Francisco.
About the role
Large ML models require large and high quality data sources to train. This is now the most important part of training a large, capable model. For this role, we're looking for a software engineer, possibly with an interest in research, who wants to build some of the most capable data pipelines in the industry.
- Data curation, filtering, deduplication, mixture selection for curating training sets for large models
- Finding interesting and useful data sources aligned to our problem and implementing the pipelines to get and measure them
- Analyzing data to build hypotheses about behavior seen in trained models
Skills you'll need to bring
- 5+ years relevant experience working with large data sets
- Ability to write high quality, maintainable code
- Energy to learn from leading ML researchers
- Curiosity needed to explore new data sources, or develop better understanding of existing data
- Nice to have: experience with cloud provider for processing large datasets
This role reports to Fred Bertsch
Others you will learn from:
Adept is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited about candidates who will raise the bar of our team, regardless of specific experiences -- we encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds to apply.