Sales Executive - Northern Europe
Northern Europe /
Advanced Navigation is the global leader in navigation systems for air, land and sea. Our products are developed and manufactured in Australia with our main HQ is located in Sydney with offices around the world. With over 68 of the top 100 largest companies as customers, and a broad range of technologies, we are truly changing the way we navigate globally.
Our ever growing team has world class expertise in the fields of inertial navigation, global navigation satellite systems, sensors, acoustics, AI, and RF technologies.
Click below to find out a little more about us:
Overview of Position
To grow our presence in the EMEA region, focusing on Northern Europe, driving sales, developing customer relationships, building the company’s brand awareness and landing strategic accounts across the territory.
- Drive the top-line revenue and orders for Northern Europe by expanding growth with existing customers, acquiring new customers and driving upsells by fostering the adoption and use of our products, solutions and services
- Own the end to end sales process, from lead to prospect to close, bringing Advanced Navigation solutions to companies within EMEA
- Working closely with the Chief Revenue Officer and Head of EMEA Sales to execute the company’s EMEA Go-To-Market strategy
- Paint the Advanced Navigation vision and opportunity for prospects through a combination of ROI and qualitative value propositions
- Understand the technical requirements of each customer and work closely with Support and the Products Group to guide the direction of our product offerings and solutions
- Work openly with other Advanced Navigation teams (e.g. Marketing, Sales Operations, Products Group, Support and Operations) to improve our go-to-market plans, execution and acceleration of our growth
- Ensure operational excellence by keeping our CRM (Salesforce) always updated, guaranteeing business linearity and forecasting accuracy
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in a related technical field is required
- 5+ years experience of sales and account management, experience with high-tech solutions in at least one of the following verticals; aerospace & defence, surveying, autonomous vehicles/robotics, or maritime/subsea
- Executive presence with the ability to represent and present in front of an audience
- Be a strong team player that is passionate about being a part of a fast-moving and entrepreneurial company
- Flexibility to work within multiple time zones within the EMEA region as well as connecting with Global Head Office, based in Australia.
- Working in a Global collaborative cross-functional environment.
- Have an understanding that you will be travelling roughly 50% of the time
- Relevant technical knowledge, such as inertial sensors, acoustics, GNSS, optical sensors, and robotics with an ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied and comparable navigation products/solutions in the market
- A sense of being coach-able and invested in your professional growth, development, and career path
- Strong skills with CRM solutions such as Salesforce
- Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to be both technical and analytical
- The ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment, international cultures, and distributed teams
- Languages: fluent German and English, knowledge of other languages is an advantage
Growth path for this role:
- Double historic sales in the Northern Europe Region within the first 2 FY
- Once Sales targets have been exceeded, there would be opportunities to collaborate with the Head of Sales to grow in responsibilities, expand in territory coverage and/or to introduce additional resources into the region to grow sales
Key Behavioural Qualities:
- Excellence: Motivated to drive for results with the attention to details
- Productivity: Achieve results with the ability to focus on priorities
- Passion: Positive approach, strong collaborator and with energy to grow
- Innovative: Ability to follow instructions, processes, policies and utilize internal systems/tools to accelerate results
- Customer Experience: Professional presence with an ability to engage, build and own the customer relationships, internally and externally
- A passionate, hungry learner that gets excited about professional growth and being challenged by new opportunities
- Proactive communicator who facilitates efficient cross-team connection at the earliest opportunity, especially when significant problems surface that require long-term action to correct.
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You'll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.