Operations Manager - 10 month contract
Advanced Navigation is the global leader in navigation systems for air, land and sea. Our products are developed and manufactured in Australia and our main HQ is located in Sydney with offices around the world. With over 68 of the top 100 largest companies as customers, and a broad range of technologies, we are truly changing the way we navigate globally.
Our ever growing team has world class expertise in the fields of inertial navigation, global navigation satellite systems, sensors, acoustics, AI, and RF technologies.
Click below to find out a little more about us:
At Advanced Navigation, our core go-to-market strategy is to focus on four specific market segments; surveying, maritime/subsea, drones/robotics, and defence while delivering an incredible customer experience for all of our partners. We’re building a world-class sales/support/marketing organisation of passionate sellers, marketers, engineers, who want to be part of a quickly growing team. Our team leads the charge in bringing bleeding-edge navigation technology to new and exciting applications across the world.
- Accountable for the delivery of Production capability across the business
- Ensure PWOs are scheduled and executed as required
- Ensure quarantined production items are managed effectively
- Ensure Secondary Inspection and Repair are completed effectively and efficiently, document these processes
- Manage Production Capability, ensure it is transparent and ensure training occurs where required
- Ensure Production processes are in line with Advanced Navigation ISO 9001:2015 policy
- Ensure Production outputs meet Advanced Navigation quality standards
- Drive improvements to Production productivity and scheduling systems
- Ensure Production tools are maintained and calibrated in line with requirements
- Maintain production elements of COGS
- Provide reporting of Production metrics as required by the CEO and Management Team
- Manage facility leases, when required
- Manage any required works to the facilities
- Ensure facilities are safe, clean and suitable for the team to work in
- Provide the Advanced Navigation team with the required tools and equipment they need, including new starters
- Liaise with Building Management regarding building issues
- Complete internal audits and support external and customer audits
- Support Management Team to maintain their quality documentation and processes
- Update our Quality System with fixes and improvements
- Provide regular updates to the Advanced Navigation team regarding the Quality System
- Alert the CEOs to concerns regarding the Quality System.
- Coordinate with external quality assurance auditors and technicians to ensure compliance
Work with the Production Manager to:
Manage Advanced Navigation facilities, including Sydney NSW, Alexandria NSW, Osborne Park WA
Work with the Office Manager to:
Manage the Advanced Navigation Quality System, in line with ISO 9001:2015.
Provide ad hoc support to the CEOs, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- 5+ years experience managing a P&L
- 5+ years direct exposure to a COTS Manufacturing Function
- Some exposure to facilities management
- Some exposure to ISO 9001:2015
- Tertiary qualification in a technical discipline
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Time focused
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You'll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.
Apart from the above you will be doing your life's best work in a large, fun office in central Sydney close to all public transportation and have access to barista made coffee, at our cafe below, to keep you going throughout the day.