Assembly and Service Technician
Advanced Navigation is the global leader in navigation systems for air, land and sea. Our products are developed and manufactured in Australia and our main HQ is located in Sydney with offices around the world. With over 68 of the top 100 largest companies as customers, and a broad range of technologies, we are truly changing the way we navigate globally.
Our ever growing team has world class expertise in the fields of inertial navigation, global navigation satellite systems, sensors, acoustics, AI, and RF technologies.
Click below to find out a little more about us:
We are searching for an experienced Production Assembly and Service Technician for our Perth facility in Osborne Park. You will be accountable for the production and assembly of complex electronics equipment as well as the inspection and re-calibration of product returning from the field for service. You will be joining other highly skilled and knowledgeable Technicians and Engineers to become a crucial part of the team.
In this role, you will:
- Assemble, calibrate, and test electronic components and products including connector and cable assemblies
- Use jigs, assembly aids, and soldering of PCBs to produce high-quality products for our customers
- In-process quality inspection of products
- Carry out a regular diagnosis of faulty equipment and electronic parts
- Application of adhesives to bond and seal products
- Package semi-finished goods for safe transport and process quality inspection of products before they are sent out
- Documentation of assembly process and methods
- Contribution to process improvements through communication with the design team
You should have:
- Experience with high-value products in a precision assembly or manufacturing environment
- Assembled, adjusted, calibrated or aligned electronic and electro-mechanical devices in accordance with written or verbal instructions
- An ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams, circuit diagrams and engineering instructions for assembling electronics modules and mechanical enclosures, applying knowledge of electronic theory and understanding of component and material properties
- An ability to test electronic modules, record results and analyze results and determine needs for adjustment and calibration
- Strong communication skills within a multidisciplinary team environment
You might also have:
- Problem-solving or forensic analysis skills relating to process quality assurance
- Experience with maritime/subsea hydraulic, electronic or pressure-rated devices
- Knowledge of composite/resin moulding
- A focus on high quality, precision and attention to detail
- A willingness to learn products in a specialist industry
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You'll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.