Process Development - Internship
Redwood City, CA
Technology Development – Process Development /
Adverum Biotechnologies is a clinical-stage company that aims to establish gene therapy as a new standard of care for highly prevalent ocular diseases with the aspiration of developing functional cures to restore vision and prevent blindness. And we’re excited to have 3-Product Development Internships, for a 9-week paid ($17/hr) opportunity at our Redwood City, CA location. As an intern, you'll be fully immersed in our team's culture and work on individual projects while supporting team engagement. This is a full-time, 40-hour a week in-office position that will provide valuable experience and networking opportunities within the Gene Therapy/Biotech Industry. As a Process Development Intern, you’ll have the opportunity to learn project design, planning, process, data analysis and summary.
What you'll do:
- Intern #1 PD Upstream:
- Focus area: suspension cell culture, 2, 10, 50 and 200 liter scale bioreactor operation, automation system - high throughput Ambr250 for process development studies, baculovirus production and purification, gene therapy vector package in cells (Sf9 cells).
- Intern #2 PD Downstream:
- Focus area: learn about gene therapy vector isolation, clarification/filtration, and formulation, AKTA system operation, drug production generation.
- Intern #3PD Assay:
- Focus area; qPCR for gene therapy vector genomic titer test, BacPAK assay for baculovirus titer test, cell culture, DNA replication and purification, primer design, assay data analysis.
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Genetics
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
- Able to lift 25 pounds.
- Availability to work full-time for the duration of the internship at our Redwood City, CA facility. We do not have a housing stipend for this role.
Adverum is a clinical-stage gene therapy company targeting unmet medical needs in ophthalmology and rare diseases. Adverum develops gene therapy product candidates designed to provide durable efficacy by inducing sustained expression of a therapeutic protein. Adverum’s core capabilities include clinical development, novel vector discovery and in-house manufacturing expertise, specifically in scalable process development, assay development, and current Good Manufacturing Practices quality control.
At Adverum, Inclusion and Diversity are at our core. We believe in the power of being your authentic self. We strive to create the space which allows for everyone in our Adverum Community to not only feel safe but encouraged to speak, learn from each other, grow in their professions and be the very best versions of themselves no matter what their age, ethnic background, gender, origin, religion or sexual orientation