Senior Systems Administrator--Linux
San Francisco, CA
Aechelon Technology, Inc. is a leading producer of 3D simulator content, including Geospecific visual/sensor databases and realistic 3D models. We seek people who share our passion for real-time computer graphics and commitment to our mission of helping make our Nation’s pilots safer. We will give you a chance to work with some of the most talented people in the graphics industry.
Join the IT team at our San Francisco office in supporting our network of high-performance servers, storage systems, and workstations. As a Senior Systems Administrator you will interface directly with internal customers and departments, implementing hardware and software solutions, training end-users, writing documentation, and troubleshooting issues to resolution.
Candidates for this role should demonstrate intermediate to advanced knowledge in Linux Systems Administration (RedHat/CentOS preferred) as well as familiarity with Microsoft Windows.
Knowledge in one or more of the following areas is also desirable:
- Containerization (Docker, etc.)
- Linux-Active Directory Integration
- Software engineering support: defect tracking (JIRA, Bugzilla), revision control (Perforce), code review tools, etc.
- Server hardware configuration/optimization
- SAN and NAS storage: Fibre Channel, Stornext; Synology
- IT automation; scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, VBScript, Powershell)
- Software deployment; patch management; configuration management
- Data center infrastructure (UPS, power, cooling)
- Microsoft Windows Administration; Group Policy; Exchange Administration
- Switches, routing, firewalls, VPN
- Cybersecurity: intrusion detection & prevention , vulnerability scanning, anti-malware
- Network/systems monitoring and analysis (MRTG, Nagios, Zabbix, Scrutinizer, Splunk, Wireshark, tcpdump, ntop, etc.)
- Secure authentication; encryption; PKI; 2FA
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Linux & Windows systems and applications deployment, maintenance, upgrades
- Networking/LAN Support including VPN and WiFi
- Maintaining documentation for both end-user consumption and internal IT tracking
- Taking on focused projects to enhance network, systems, and procedures
- Ensuring systems security via patch/update management & security policies
- Maintaining systems and procedures in conformity with US DoD requirements, ITAR, and ISO 9001 quality standards
- Managing network shares and permissions
- Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, and Outlook support
- Troubleshooting servers (Linux & Windows), workstations, and network
- User support and training
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
- Reliable, punctual
- Attention to detail; drives tasks to completion
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Flexible, able to manage priorities in an interrupt-driven atmosphere
- Willing and able to participate in on-call rotation and occasional onsite, off-hours tasks
- Professional and friendly demeanor
- US citizenship or permanent residency due to export control restrictions
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field, or 3-5 years’ directly-related work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Reside within 20 miles of San Francisco, CA
We offer a very attractive compensation package including competitive base salary, company performance-based profit sharing, 401k, 100% employer paid health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, std, ltd, and life insurance plans).
No relocation reimbursement provided.
For more information about our company, please visit www.aechelon.com
Aechelon Technology is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. If you are an applicant who is unable to fully utilize/access our application process because of a disability, Aechelon Technology will provide a reasonable accommodation. Please send an email to the address above to request that accommodation, and please be sure to include a detailed description of your requested accommodation, your name and preferred method of contact.