Senior Real Time Graphics Software Engineer
Overland Park, KS
Aechelon Technology, Inc. is a leading producer of 3D simulator content, including geospecific visual/sensor databases and realistic 3D models. We seek people who share our passion for real-time computer graphics and commitment to our mission of helping make our Nation’s pilots safer. We will give you a chance to work with some of the most talented people in the graphics industry.
You will be a key part of the small core software team designing and developing our real time graphics rendering engine and content creation tools, taking our art path and its integration with our shader engine to the next level of realism and performance, with your primary workplace at our Overland Park, Kansas office. Periodic travel to Aechelon Technology’s headquarters in San Francisco, CA is required.
- Passion for real time computer graphics and solid software engineering principles
- 5+ years of experience in design and architecture of 3D real time graphics applications for the game, broadcast, entertainment or visual simulation industries
- Experience leading a team of peers in shipping exceptional products within the constraints of a delivery deadline
- In-depth knowledge of and experience programming in C and C++ languages
- Experience developing OpenGL or Direct3D applications, including both real time engines, graphics tools for the content creation pipeline and programmable shading
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with export controlled technology
- Experience with rendering engines and scene graphs such as Intrinsic Alchemy, OpenSceneGraph, Unreal, Unity, or Source
- Experience with GPU computing platforms such as OpenCL, CUDA, or DirectCompute
- Experience with multi-processing real time systems
- Experience developing image processing software
- Experience with defect tracking systems such as Bugzilla or Jira
- Experience with Configuration Management (CM) systems such as Perforce or Subversion
- Experience developing tools to work with geographic data such as KML, vector files, digital elevation and satellite imagery
- Experience scripting in Python.
We offer a very attractive compensation package including competitive base salary, company performance-based profit sharing, 401k, 100% employer paid health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, std, ltd, and life insurance plans).
No relocation reimbursement provided.
For more information about our company, please visit our website at www.aechelon.com
Aechelon Technology is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. If you are an applicant who is unable to fully utilize/access our application process because of a disability, Aechelon Technology will provide a reasonable accommodation. Please send an email to the address above to request that accommodation, and please be sure to include a detailed description of your requested accommodation, your name and preferred method of contact.