Junior Production Modeler
San Francisco, CA
Aechelon Technology, Inc. is a leading producer of 3D simulator content, including geospecific visual/sensor databases and realistic 3D models. We seek people who share our passion for real-time computer graphics and commitment to our mission of helping make our Nation’s pilots safer. We will give you a chance to work with some of the most talented people in the graphics industry. .
We currently have an open position in the Geotypical Dept of the Modeling Division for a Junior Production Modeler. A Junior Production Modeler populates 3D visual scenes using in-house tools, and ArcGIS to place models from a stock library. This position has a 90 day probationary period. Position starts @ $20.66/hr (Initial training period is paid at the same rate). Due to the fact that some of our work involves export controlled or other US Government restricted information, applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
Responsibilities and duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Assist in Geotypical production as directed by overall Geotypical department planning, with a tasking emphasis on critical ‘Area-of-Interest’ development and basic feature population processes, elements including powerlines, railroads, walls, highways, point trees, and buildings
- Individual feature processing and QA support for all basic Geotypical features
- Acquire a basic knowledge of ArcGIS as it related to shape creation and generation
- Basic understanding of project and level of detail required for task
- Background in 2D/3D Animation, Modeling, Graphic Design or Media Arts
- Knowledge of ArcGIS or vector based software
- Excellent time management
- Solid file management and organizational skills
- Keen eye for detail and understanding of 3D visual composition as it relates to real world data for simulation (i.e. relative scaling, spatial orientation, color, texture)
- Strong technical skills, and ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to quickly adapt and learn new software
- Working knowledge of PC/Windows platform
- Google Earth
- ESRI ArcGIS
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Photoshop
- In-house software
We offer a very attractive compensation package including competitive base salary, company performance-based profit sharing, 401k, 100% employer paid health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, std, ltd, and life insurance plans).
No relocation reimbursement provided.
For more information about our company, please visit www.aechelon.com
Aechelon Technology is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. If you are an applicant who is unable to fully utilize/access our application process because of a disability, Aechelon Technology will provide a reasonable accommodation. Please send an email to the address above to request that accommodation, and please be sure to include a detailed description of your requested accommodation, your name and preferred method of contact.