San Francisco, CA
Aechelon Technology, Inc. is a leading producer of 3D simulator content, including Geospecific visual/sensor databases and realistic 3D models. We seek people who share our passion for real-time computer graphics and commitment to our mission of helping make our Nation’s pilots safer. We will give you a chance to work with some of the most talented people in the graphics industry.
We currently have an open position in the Finance Department for a Senior Accountant. The ideal candidate is a resourceful, detail oriented, team player with time management abilities, and good oral and written communication skills. The primary workplace for this position will be in our San Francisco office.
The Senior Accountant reports to and assists the Director of Finance in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting Department. The Senior Accountant will maintain and post financial and business transactions of the organization to the General Ledger accounts, applying U.S. GAAP.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for supporting the full cycle general ledger monthly close process and all activities to ensure accounts are properly reconciled, reported and are in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Manages all A/P and Purchasing areas of the company
- Assists in month end general ledger close and prepares journal entries
- Performs account reconciliations and assists in preparing income statements, balance sheets, and other internal and external financial reporting
- Responsible for monthly flux variance analysis and thorough understanding of accounts
- File state tax income and sales tax returns and work with external tax firm on income tax returns
- File annual 571-L Business Property Statement, 1099-Misc. tax returns, SF employer and personal property tax returns
- Develop, maintain and implement accounting policies and procedures
- Actively participate in the Company’s ISO 9001 program
- Review item coding and approve purchase orders
- Works closely with manufacturing team to determine cost of goods sold
- Manages inventory and COGS accounts
- Works on special projects as required by senior management
- Mentors Financial Accountant and Accounting Assistant with accounting tasks
- Review and approve expense reports via Expensify
- Support other groups with adhoc analysis as required from time to time
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards
- Experience in managing small teams
- Team player who can collaborate with other teams in the organization
- Detail orientated with the ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Excel and Microsoft Office products
- Able to determine priorities and appropriate level of escalation
- Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills are a must
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Can successfully work independently with minimal guidance
- Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic & Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with 3-5 years of experience in an accounting or finance role
- Industry experience in manufacturing, software, or government contracts preferred
We offer a very attractive compensation package including competitive base salary, company performance-based profit sharing, 401k, 100% employer paid health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, std, ltd, and life insurance plans).
No relocation reimbursement provided.
For more information about our company, please visit www.aechelon.com
Aechelon Technology is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. If you are an applicant who is unable to fully utilize/access our application process because of a disability, Aechelon Technology will provide a reasonable accommodation. Please send an email to the address above to request that accommodation, and please be sure to include a detailed description of your requested accommodation, your name and preferred method of contact.