Geospatial Production Analyst
San Francisco, CA
Aechelon Technology, Inc. is a leading producer of 3D simulator content, including Geospecific visual/sensor databases and realistic 3D models. We seek people who share our passion for real-time computer graphics and commitment to our mission of helping make our Nation’s pilots safer. We will give you a chance to work with some of the most talented people in the graphics industry.
We seek people who share our passion for real time computer graphics and commitment to our mission of helping make our Nation’s pilots safer. We will give you a chance to work with some of the most talented people in the graphics industry.
Our Geospatial Team is looking for a Production Analyst. The primary workplace for this position will be in our San Francisco office.
United States citizenship required due to restrictions on access to certain data.
- Convert geospatial raster datasets and related xml metadata/documentation
- Production tasking including map production in Arc for documentation purposes, conversion/QA of image based tasks including mosaicking, tiling, Adobe Photoshop action processing for delegated tasks
- Support the department in a variety of other related tasks as needed
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Convert very large geographic raster datasets using a combination of in-house and third party tools
- Generate and validate xml metadata for geographic datasets for various government standard metadata formats using in-house and third party xml tools.
- Generate/edit/format documentation of geographic datasets using both Arc GIS and Microsoft Word, including map generation in Arc as well as updating tabular data from spreadsheets into Word format through a combination of automatic and manual methods.
- Aid processing of tile-based raster datasets that have gone through Photoshop processing by other production employees, managing assessment/validation/reformatting of these datasets within production workflows
- Bachelors degree in geography, computer science or similar related field
- Intermediate experience with shell programming and scripting (Python, bash)
- Intermediate experience with xml, xml schema and related tools
- Intermediate experience with Arc GIS as it relates to map generation and shapefile processing
- General understanding of map projections and related geographic concepts
- Experience working in MS windows based environment and strong understanding of underlying hardware and software limits/processes as relating specifically to processing of large scale raster images in a Windows environment
- Strong organizational analytical and problem solving skills and an eye for detail
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Intermediate to advanced experience with the following software packages: Leica Geosystems Erdas Imagine, Globalmapper, ESRI ArcGIS
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop as it relates to color enhancement and image editing/adjustments
- Experience with GIS concepts and an understanding of relational databases
- Experience with Geographic Data formats including Geotiff, DSM/DTM, DOQQ, LAS
- Experience with current commercial satellite and aerial sensors and collection platforms
- Experience with UNIX and Linux operating systems
We offer a very attractive compensation package including competitive base salary, company performance-based profit sharing, 401k, 100% employer paid health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, std, ltd, and life insurance plans).
No relocation reimbursement provided.
For more information about our company, please visit www.aechelon.com
Aechelon Technology is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. If you are an applicant who is unable to fully utilize/access our application process because of a disability, Aechelon Technology will provide a reasonable accommodation. Please send an email to the address above to request that accommodation, and please be sure to include a detailed description of your requested accommodation, your name and preferred method of contact.