Pipeline Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Aechelon Technology, Inc. is a leading producer of 3D simulator content, including Geospecific visual/sensor databases and realistic 3D models. We seek people who share our passion for real-time computer graphics and commitment to our mission of helping make our Nation’s pilots safer. We will give you a chance to work with some of the most talented people in the graphics industry.
Our Software Team is looking for Pipeline Engineers. The Pipeline Engineer’s primary role is to support our art team by designing tools and automating processes for the content creation pipeline. The primary workplace for this position will be in our San Francisco office.
United States citizenship required due to restrictions on access to certain data.
- Assist in the design, development, testing and maintaining of new tools or updates to existing tools
- Write Python scripts to automate areas of the pipeline
- Help ensure our user interface and processes have consistency across different tools and software platforms
- Develop Maya and Photoshop plugins and scripts to enhance and streamline our production pipeline
- 3+ years of experience in content creation software design, development and integration for CGI or game development
- In depth experience in developing content creation tools and plug-ins with scripting languages such as Python, including integration of C/C++ libraries into Python programs
- Development experience creating plug-ins and pipeline automation within Maya and Photoshop.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to bridge the creative and technical aspects of graphics
- Eligibility to work with export-controlled technology
- Experience with user interface development and design using Qt and pyQt / pySide
- Experience in C and C++ programming for 3D graphics
- Experience with performance optimizations in realtime simulations/games
- Experience with Google Earth, GIS tools such as ArcInfo or remote sensing tools such as Erdas or Envi.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical field
We offer a very attractive compensation package including competitive base salary, company performance-based profit sharing, 401k, 100% employer paid health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, std, ltd, and life insurance plans).
No relocation reimbursement provided.
For more information about our company, please visit www.aechelon.com
Aechelon Technology is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. If you are an applicant who is unable to fully utilize/access our application process because of a disability, Aechelon Technology will provide a reasonable accommodation. Please send an email to the address above to request that accommodation, and please be sure to include a detailed description of your requested accommodation, your name and preferred method of contact.