Senior Software Engineer
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
We're looking for an exceptionally talented java developer to join our world-class engineering team. This is a great opportunity to be part of a team developing a cutting-edge enterprise cloud platform. You must be highly motivated, independent, result oriented and enjoy working in a start-up atmosphere.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable java code.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation.
- Learn and research new technologies to enhance and upgrade existing applications.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Collaborate with other team members and cross teams and stakeholders.
- Create and execute unit test cases and contribute to test automation.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Experience with server-side developing with a proven track record of delivering great software.
- Experience leading technical teams to deliver complex high-performance scalable software products.
- Experience in designing and building secure and scalable APIs.
- An understanding of testing - You write code that is tested and testable and you take responsibility for the quality of the code you produce. If you're an advocate of TDD, even better.
- You can discuss design patterns, memory management and performance optimization. You can write code from the ground up without needing frameworks.
- Experience in design, implementation and deployment of API services.
- Experience in Java, JEE, Tomcat, multi-threading, and caching techniques.
- Experience with SQL development, data modeling and data structures for high-volume and high-velocity data.
- Experience with frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito.
- Ability to coach and collaborate inside and outside the team - You enjoy working closely with others, teaching, and learning, and are comfortable showing off your work.
- Have a positive energy and enthusiasm - cultural fit is a big deal for us, we’re looking for smart people who are excited about solving big problems and are self-motivated to get things done.
- Are highly organised and professional attitude to work - You're an exceptional communicator, you are pragmatic, and you know how to build trust.
Nice to have
- Knowledge and experience with AWS, Kafka, Apache Spark, Elasticsearch, Python is a bonus.
- Experience with streaming data and complex event processing systems is a plus.
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Portland (Oregon), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!