Sr. Software Engineer Back End
R&D – Engineering 330 /
At Aera Technology, we are helping the largest enterprises in the world transform how they make and execute decisions with Decision Intelligence. Aera understands how your business works, makes real-time recommendations, predicts outcomes, and takes action autonomously. Our platform delivers the business agility required to respond to today’s ever-changing environment.
As an engineer, you will have the chance to be involved in the architectural process of creating products, design the technological stack and work along with the PMs and Stakeholders on how the future will look like. Aera's patented data crawlers automatically discover and ingest enterprise data into the Aera platform at scale.
Aera comes with predefined libraries built with a deep understanding of the source systems and acquires the data in the most performant and optimal manner. Once data is ingested, data is harmonized across all source systems and turned from raw into business insights using deep domain knowledge combined with powerful SQL & Python processing scripts. Users can easily reuse, extend or create new data processes using interfaces built-in with data previews and profiles to give immediate feedback. Aera comes with a rich cognitive data library, that allows everyone from a business analyst to a data engineer or data scientist to quickly find what they need, understand with the help of rich statistics and use it in the cognitive skills.
We're looking for an exceptionally talented Java developer to join our world-class engineering team. This is a great opportunity to be part of a team developing a cutting-edge enterprise cloud platform. You must be highly motivated, independent, result-oriented, and enjoy working in a start-up atmosphere.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable java code
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation
- Learn and research new technologies to enhance and upgrade existing applications
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Collaborate with other team members and cross teams and stakeholders
- Create and execute unit test cases and contribute to test automation
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Experience with server-side developing with a proven track record of delivering great software
- Experience leading technical teams to deliver complex high-performance scalable software products
- Experience in designing and building secure and scalable APIs
- An understanding of testing - You write code that is tested and testable and you take responsibility for the quality of the code you produce. If you're an advocate of TDD, even better
- You can discuss design patterns, memory management and performance optimization. You can write code from the ground up without needing frameworks
- Experience in design, implementation and deployment of API services
- Experience in Java, JEE, Tomcat, Spring, multi-threading, and caching techniques
- Experience with SQL development, data modeling and data structures for high-volume and high-velocity data
- Experience with frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito
- Ability to coach and collaborate inside and outside the team - You enjoy working closely with others, teaching, and learning, and are comfortable showing off your work
- Have a positive energy and enthusiasm - cultural fit is a big deal for us, we’re looking for smart people who are excited about solving big problems and are self-motivated to get things done
- Are highly organised and professional attitude to work - You're an exceptional communicator, you are pragmatic, and you know how to build trust
Nice to have
- Knowledge and experience with AWS, Kafka, Apache Spark, Elasticsearch, Python is a bonus
- Experience with streaming data and complex event processing systems is a plus
Perks and Benefits
- Stock Options: We believe every Aera team member should have a stake in our future success
- Medical: A medical subscription to one of the main private healthcare clinic networks (Regina Maria)
- Employee Referral Program: Earn cash when your referrals get hired!
- Learning and Development: You’ll have access to professional development content through Udemy, our online learning platform. Udemy offers thousands of courses to help you learn new skills - whether for your professional development or your personal interests
- Paid Time Off: Based on seniority, you can benefit from extra annual leave days (up to 5 extra days)
- Snacks: When you’re working from the office, you’ll have access to our fully stocked kitchen with a selection of snacks and beverages
- Events and Extras: We work hard and get things done, but we also value the importance of having fun: office outings; birthday celebrations; holiday parties; weekly in-office lunches, and more
- Work Schedule: We’re open to a hybrid work model, and can offer a flexible daily schedule depending on your role
Note: We’re continuously re-evaluating these to offer the best for our Aeranauts, so these are subject to change for the better
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!