Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore, India /
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our world-class engineering team and become instrumental in the development and architecture of our enterprise cloud platform. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will collaborate with other architects, designers, product managers and software developers to influence product direction and functional requirements, and deliver complex high performance, scalable software products and APIs.
In this role you will work remotely from your home.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code and automation
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs in applications, and devise solutions to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Research and learn new technologies to design code reviews and application enhancements/upgrades
- Collaborate cross-functionally as a key contributor in all phases of the development life-cycle
- Create and execute unit test cases and contribute to test automation
- Participate in design and code reviews
- 7+ yrs experience in Java, J2EE, Tomcat, multi-threading, and caching techniques
- Experience building secure, complex, and scalable APIs, from design through deployment
- Solid understanding of writing and delivering testable quality code, from the ground up
- Experience with SQL development, data modeling and data structures for high-volume and high-velocity data
- Hands-on experience with frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito
- Experience in building and implementing scalable data products
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a strong plus
- Experience with streaming data and complex event processing systems
- Working knowledge in AWS, Kafka, Apache Spark, Elasticsearch
- Python scripting is a plus
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!