Technical Lead - Frontend
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
This is an amazing opportunity to be involved in a high-growth organization and to work on a revolutionary product. As a Technical UI Lead, you will bring a deep sense of commitment and purpose to making great product. You will be part of the global team to enhance technical directions of Aera’s products. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. You would be involved in architecting, building and testing complex, multi-view application using React and Redux. You will be a mentor to the local team and you are seen as an expert writing semantic markup, maintainable styles and working with APIs.
The role will be based in our Pune office.
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Develop rich front-end applications using the latest front-end technology, development of new UI features and components in our existing web application
- As technical lead be involved in defining development best practices and applying them in a large distributed development team
- Work closely with design and UX teams to deliver next generation experiences across our applications
- Research technical Front-End issues and provide recommendations to enhance Front-End reusability, consistency, performance, and maintainability.
- Build reusable UI component code and libraries for future use
- Work with product manager/owner to understand requirements and ensure the technical feasibility of UI design
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Work on POC projects to integrate and upgrade existing application
- Collaborate with other team members and with cross-functional teams and stakeholders across geographies
- Create and execute UI unit test cases and contribute to test automation
- Participate in planning activities and provide accurate story estimates
- 8+ years of UI development experience with a proven track record of delivering great software
- 3+ years of good hands-on development experience working with the React
- JS and Redux is a must
- Experience with CSS, HTML5, OO, ExtJS 5+ etc.
- Experience in D3, FusionCharts, NodeJS, Jasmine and back-end technology is a plus
- An ability to write code for responsive UI and implement common widgets like Tabular Grid, Pivot Grid and Charts
- Have a passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well
- A firm grasp of Computer Science fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
- An urge to collaborate with other architects, designers, product managers and software developers to influence product direction and functional requirements
- Ability to coach and collaborate inside and outside the team - You enjoy working closely with others, teaching, and learning, and are comfortable showing off your work
- Have positive energy and enthusiasm - cultural fit is a big deal for us, we’re looking for smart people who are excited about solving big problems and are self-motivated to get things done
- You're an exceptional communicator, you are pragmatic, and you know how to build trust
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!