At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
As DevOps Engineer, you will report to our Director, Product Ops and be charged with designing and automating our cloud infrastructure processes. You will review, analyze and recommend solutions and tools to improve the software development process – all while maintaining existing build environments and leading the design and implementation of their replacement.
This role will be a key member of our Engineering Productivity team, comprised of SRE, IT, Security, and Technical Operations. This is with a growing technology company in the Machine learning field, where automation, scalability and building out a smart infrastructure processes are the keys to success.
- Setup and maintain cloud infrastructure ensuring high quality, security and cost efficiency
- Work as a partner to Aera’s development teams, updating/enhancing our current cloud infrastructure and tools.
- Hands-on implementation & upgrade of tools for monitoring, trending & diagnostics.
- Identify opportunities to improve operations and automation process.
- Select, deploy, administer and support 3rd party tools as needed, like Jenkins Jobs/Plugins/Settings and Integration through CI/CD platform
- Guide and develop infrastructure & tools architecture design to enable high uptime, minimize failures, ensure applications & data security and expedite diagnostics.
- 8+ years of experience in developing solutions on one or more continuous integration tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins or other integrated automation tools.
- 8 + years of experience in DevOps, SRE, and/or Unix/Linux system administration
- Have experience automating and running large scale production Java/Tomcat services in AWS (EC2, ECS, KMS, Kinesis, RDS) or other cloud providers
- Solid networking experience (TCP/IP, routing, load balancing, DNS)
- Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Ansible, Jenkins).
- Expert experience with configuration management and orchestration tools (Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins)
- Experience with MySQL, Postgres, Redis, MongoDB, Apache, Node.js, Hadoop
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and key management.
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!