Leader Site Reliability Engineer
Cluj-Napoca or Bucharest
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
In this role, your work will influence the success of companies across the world. Members of our Technology team are experts in the field, working to evaluate and improve today’s systems while building tomorrow’s. Leader position is a highly technical hands-on role which requires you to be a great team member as well as an individual contributor.
The primary responsibilities for this role will be the development, maintenance and enforcement of the perimeter security posture for the products, technology and processes in order to adequately protect Aera assets and customer data as well as providing an escalation point for others to consult and trust in the candidate’s technical knowledge base.
- Ensure smooth and reliable operation of Aera SaaS platform and its dependencies (Kafka, Redis, etc.)
- Perform platform transformations and migrations towards modernized infrastructure.
- Implement and improve orchestration and automation tooling that eliminates toil and acts as an enabler for the entire SRE team.
- Help keep Aera infrastructure secure in an ever changing, high-velocity environment
- Create tools, scripts, and documentation to manage organize, optimize, and improve our systems
- Design, configure, and deploy application monitoring and alerting
- Incidents happen, and you will need to be able to effectively manage them and focus your team on driving resolution ASAP as well as learn from them
- 5+ years of SRE/devops/infrastructure experience
- 5+ years of proven track record of building, securing and automating enterprise scale infrastructure and systems
- Experience with managing geographically distributed, highly available, high traffic cloud infrastructure (particularly AWS)
- Advance experience with configuration management and orchestration tools (Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Experience with the use, maintenance and configuration of monitoring, metrics and logging infrastructure (Datadog, Sensu, New Relic, Icinga/Nagios, etc.)
- Aptitude for automation and streamlining of tasks in an SRE/Operations engineering context (Python, Go, Bash, Ruby, etc.)
- Familiarity with modern distributed container cluster management systems a big PLUS (kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Mesos,…)
- Comfortable working with modern databases and big data platforms (SQL, etc.) Exasol a Big Plus
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia).
So join us, and let’s build this!