Sustaining Engineer (Java)
Pune, India /
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
Sustaining Engineer is a hands-on role for a talented engineer to identify the root cause and solve critical production issues. This is a cross-functional role where you will become the subject matter expert (SME) for many modules/services. The Technical Support Engineer III will be able to debug Enterprise Java applications, work with customer engagement and development teams to identify the root cause and enable a resolution. Ideally this is a role for a seasoned individual with experience in both front end and back end development.
- Develop a broad understanding of Area’s technical architecture
- Document and develop best practices to ensure our customers to get the most out of Aera’s Platform
- Analyze data, and create monitoring and observability solutions to prevent, detect and resolve issues
- Prioritize tasks and accurately document the nature of the reported problem. Triage and remediate high priority issues and bugs
- Build secure, complex, and scalable APIs, from design through deployment
- Create tooling to help internal stakeholders (e.g. Customer Support)
- Deep dive into an issue, Identify common failure patterns and draft plans to address them. Propose the solution to the development team for further resolution
- Be proactive and manage multiple high priority threads
- Strong educational background with Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or a related area
- 6+ yrs experience in Java, J2EE, Tomcat, Multithreading, Logging and caching techniques
- Strong experience debugging Enterprise Java Applications (2-3 years minimum)
- Passionate about developing strong expertise across various modules and becoming a technical expert/SME
- Strong OOD, SOA principles and solid hands on experience in working in scalable, distributed application environments
- Experience with working on Spring/ORM, Microservice frameworks, Dockers, GIT, Gradle and Linux platforms required
- Experience with SQL development, data modeling and complex data structures for high-volume and high-velocity data
- Experience in working with NoSQL technologies like REDIS, MongoDB
- Solid understanding and experience with OAuth, Logging and Security frameworks
- Hands-on experience with frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito
- Hands-on experience with code quality frameworks/tools such as SonarQube, pmd, checkstyle etc.
- Ability to work within different layers of the platform and learn new technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as in-depth experience with product development processes
- Able to stay calm under pressure and exhibiting exceptional customer service skills with clients and the engineering teams
Nice to Have
- Experience with streaming data and complex event processing systems
- Working knowledge in AWS, Kafka, Apache Spark, Elasticsearch
- Python scripting is a plus
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!