Sustaining Engineer - Java Support
Pune, India /
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
Sustaining Engineer is a hands-on role for a talented engineer to identify the root cause and solve critical production issues. This is a cross-functional role where you will become the subject matter expert (SME) for some modules/services. You will be able to debug Enterprise Java applications, work with customer engagement and development teams to identify the root cause and enable a resolution. Ideally this is a role for a seasoned individual with experience in both front end and back end development.
- Prioritize tasks and accurately document the nature of the reported problem. Triage and remediate high priority issues and bugs
- Deep dive into an issue, analyze it, and identify solutions to resolve them. Propose any code fixes to the development team for further resolution
- Be proactive and manage multiple high priority threads
- Develop a broad understanding of Area’s technical architecture
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or a related area
- 5+ years of experience in Java and experience with SQL
- Ability to analyze root cause for issues by looking at log files
- Passionate about developing strong expertise in their area and becoming a SME
- Interested to learn new technologies
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!