Pune, India /
Customer Engagement /
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
As a UI designer at Aera Technology, you'll be contributing to design client products and dashboards with “modern” user interface and defining end-to-end experience for new functionalities / initiatives.
You will be working collaboratively with clients, customer engagement team, Aera design team, and the engineering teams.
- Understanding client use cases: be able to go beyond requirements, identify user needs, and come up with design proposals that create a consistent and user friendly experience
- Visual Design: Making a choice of appropriate designs with enough contrast, themes, responsiveness but keeping the overall design clean, simple, intuitive, modern. Being able to back up the design decisions with fundamental principles and research
- Branding: Good understanding of branding and experience with using and enforcing it in your visual designs
- Design Process: Embracing the lean/agile design processes, collaborating with engineers, paying attention to details and owning the design QA
- Continuous Improvement: Inspiring a culture of design-driven product development. Collaborate with the whole design team in expanding our products to allow our customers to build the best user experiences
- Vision: Obsessed with building great products and design contextual interactions with respect to Aera Technology core platform and insights into the data
- Collaboration: With Solution Architects and Skills Developers to design and implement innovative UI solutions for the best visuals around Dashboards, Charts Recommendations and experience
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Proficiency with Figma ( or Sketch )
- Great presentation skills and comfortable justification for the design decisions you made
- Strong experience with a design process. Proactive and have accountability
- Experience with building dashboards and data visualization products
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS to understand requirements and how designs and assets might affect the implementation and delivery
- Familiarity and comfort in working with engineers - willingness to learn the technical constraints of implementing certain design principles
- This role is UI focused, but having some UX background will be a plus
- Last but not the least, take pride in your work and have a positive attitude
We expect the following as part of your application process:
- Up to date portfolio (if you don't have one we are open to send you a UI test)
- A clear explanation of your design process for the use cases in your portfolio
- Technical understanding of web and mobile application fundamentals
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!