Commercial Contracts Attorney
San Francisco or Mountain View, CA, USA
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
We're looking for an experienced legal professional to join our team as Commercial Contracts Attorney. The ideal candidate will have significant experience drafting and negotiating complex SaaS and professional services agreements with global enterprises and partnering with relevant internal stakeholders to close deals. If you like taking initiative, driving processes, making an impact, and are excited to roll up your sleeves, we want to hear from you!
The role can be based from either our San Francisco or Mountain View office.
Please note: We are interested in considering every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, at the present time, we are not able to sponsor visas.
- Draft, review, and negotiate complex SaaS and professional services agreements with global enterprises and any other type of commercial agreements as needed
- Partner with relevant internal stakeholders, including sales, customer success, marketing, finance, operations, IT, and security, to drive negotiations and reduce contract cycle time
- Assist in establishing internal corporate and legal policies and compliance programs and modify current company agreements/forms/legal playbook to streamline the deal desk process and produce consistency across agreements
- Provide deep knowledge of data privacy/governance, cybersecurity, and IP and develop relevant strategy around risk mitigation
- Perform other legal responsibilities and provide general business and legal advice to all departments as needed
- Strong academic background and J.D. from highly-regarded school. Must be an active member of California or New York bar
- 7-10 years of experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating complex enterprise SaaS and professional services agreements with global enterprises
- Both law firm and in-house experience preferred
- Experienced in compliance, data security, privacy, and intellectual property matters in addition to patent, trademark, and data protection lawsIndependent, self-motivated individual with great work ethic and a start-up mindset of willing to help out wherever needed
- Proven track record of effectively managing the escalation path of key legal and commercial issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) across all levels of the organization with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- High ethical standards with demonstrated experience handling highly sensitive and confidential information
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Aera Technology respects the privacy of your data. Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here