R&D – Engineering 330 /
Aera Technology is the Decision Intelligence company. We deliver innovation and services that enable enterprises to operate sustainably, intelligently, and efficiently. Our platform, Aera Decision Cloud™, integrates with your existing systems to digitize, augment, and automate decisions in real time. Aera helps enterprises around the world transform decision making – delivering millions of recommendations that have resulted in significant revenue gains and cost savings for some of the world’s best-known brands.
This is an amazing opportunity to be involved in a high-growth organization and to work on a revolutionary product. In this role, you will be an integral member of the Performance Testing team in our Pune office. If you enjoy relentlessly digging into the root cause of bottlenecks, finding optimizations, coming up with creative strategies, then we are your ideal destination!
You will be on the front line of the Performance Engineering strategy for our platform and various products. You will be helping to monitor all aspects of performance testing on a large-scale and complex platform.
- Participate in designing the performance framework and writing performance tests following the best practice and coding standards for various navigation flows
- Accountable for creating, executing and reporting performance test execution summary
- Develop relevant and representative workloads to benchmark to execute, analyze, profile, and verify the performance for cloud application architectures and features, including database design, API, enterprise-level technologies
- Reproduce and resolve critical performance issues that customers face in the internal test environment and incorporate them into workloads
- Utilize various scripting languages, Java/Python, and standardized tools to mimic real-world production and generate load against internal test environment
- Design and run overhead, scalability, stress tests using standardized industry tools and frameworks to identify hot spots, bottlenecks, and breaking points in the software platform
- Identify areas of performance problems, report observations to stakeholders and make appropriate recommendations. Troubleshoot and isolate performance issues in different features and the architecture
- Develop custom tools as needed for automated data generation, test execution, results analysis, etc.
- Contribute to establishing reusable/repeatable processes for performance testing as per the industry’s best practices for the IT / QA organization
- Propose resolutions for software/hardware changes and upgrades to address identified bottlenecks and support higher throughput
- You have at least 3 to 5 years of proven experience in Performance Engineering/Testing and tuning web-based enterprise applications
- You have excellent knowledge on performance concepts & load/soak/scalability/stress testing
- You have experience with API level performance testing and UI performance testing to improve faster load of pages
- Experience in planning, estimating, designing, executing and analyzing performance tests
- You should be able to implement the overall performance test strategy and lead best practices and standards set in the team
- Bring experience working in an agile environment, “DevOps” team or a similar multi skilled team in a technically demanding function
- You have experience in performance tests on the web as well as mobile devices and performance test automation with Jenkins CI/CD pipeline
- You have experience in diagnosing performance issues & bottlenecks
- You bring strong hands-on experience with performance testing tools (such as JMeter, open source JVM tools (such as Java Mission Control, JVisualVM, JFR analysis), and APM tools (such as AppDynamics, dynaTrace, New Relic, Splunk)
- You have experience in performance testing and tuning microservices/ APIs running on cloud based PaaS platforms, either on-premise or within a managed service (eg. AWS).
- You should be able demonstrate Grafana and influxDB skills to design and implement Performance Test Grafana dashboard and maintain its data in InfluxDB.
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally - you enjoy working closely with others, and are comfortable showing off your work
- You bring positive energy and enthusiasm - cultural fit is a big deal for us, we’re looking for smart people who are excited about solving big problems and are self-motivated to get things done
If you share our passion for building a sustainable, intelligent, and efficient world, you’re in the right place. Established in 2017 and headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're a series D start-up, with teams in Mountain View, San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Aera Technology, we strive to support our Aeranauts and their loved ones through different stages of life with a variety of attractive benefits, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock options, we have other great benefits available. You’ll find comprehensive medical, Group Medical Insurance, Term Insurance, Accidental Insurance, paid time off, Maternity leave, and much more. We offer unlimited access to online professional courses for both professional and personal development, coupled with people manager development programs. We believe in a flexible working environment, to allow our Aeranauts to perform at their best, ensuring a healthy work-life balance. When you’re working from the office, you’ll also have access to a fully-stocked kitchen with a selection of snacks and beverages.