Manual QA Engineer
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
We're looking for an experienced and skilled Manual QA Engineer to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for people who enjoy working on the full cycle of manual testing: risk analysis, creating a test strategy, writing a plan, creating and executing tests, finding regression issues, logging and verifying software defects, supporting releases and helping with on-going product maintenance. The candidate hired for this position will be a part of a highly collaborative team that works with innovative technologies in a fast-paced, creative and fun environment. You will be working with other testers, developers, designers, product managers who appreciate each of your bugs - imagine that! You will play a very important role in ensuring the quality and excellence of our product.
- Work with Product, Design, and Engineering teams on requirements gathering and evaluation.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, test estimates, schedules and potential risks.
- Develop test plans that assess system impact and application performance. Define and create functional test scenarios, regression tests, negative and usability tests.
- Create test schedules according to the defined software delivery timelines.
- Analyze and document test results, establish coverage metrics.
- Report the progress of test execution and provide timely communication on the test results to key stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Record defects into internal ticketing system and work with software developers on defects resolution and verification.
- Maintain test artifacts.
- Support production releases.
- Perform software compatibility tests with different software configurations on multiple platforms, operating systems and network environments.
- Work with our Customer Success team on investigating customer-facing issues and drive issues to closure.
- Perform production post-deployment validations, test and coordinate deployment of the hotfixes.
- Strong knowledge of software development life cycle and SQA methodologies and practices.
- Experience testing Web-based applications and a working knowledge of software troubleshooting and debugging tools.
- Ability to test multiple projects with multiple dependencies, while simultaneously ensuring the highest quality standards.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and taking the initiative regarding issues and quality decisions for the solution.
- Experience testing on mobile platforms.
- Experience working with APIs and the JSON data format.
- Knowledge of MySQL.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with cross-functional teams in multiple locations.
- Self-motivated with an ability to manage tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills. Meticulous attention to detail.
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!