Financial Planning Analyst
San Francisco, CA, USA
At Aera Technology, we apply internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way. The cognitive technology for the Self-Driving Enterprise™. Aera understands how your business works, makes real-time recommendations, predicts outcomes, and takes action autonomously. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
Aera is seeking a Financial Analyst to join the Financial Planning & Analytics (FP&A) team. The FP&A team partners with senior management to advise on strategic decision-making, leads financial planning, budgeting & forecasting and supports investor relations initiatives. This position offers a significant opportunity to grow and play an important role in developing and shaping a global FP&A team. A successful candidate is an organized, highly motivated, ambitious self-starter with great communication skills and analytical abilities.
Please note: We are interested in considering every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, at the present time, we are not able to sponsor visas.
- Work closely with the accounting team to support the month-end close process and reporting
- Support critical planning processes including long range planning, forecasting and annual budgeting
- Develop, maintain and improve financial models to support investment initiatives and ‘what-if’ scenario planning
- Work collaboratively across functional teams to develop sophisticated, quantitative analysis that translates internal and external data into actionable insights
- Evaluate and lead in-depth analysis on special projects as new initiatives and opportunities arise
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting to senior management, investors and Board of Directors
- Prepare monthly actual vs budget/forecast analysis and document the actual trends against the plan
- Other ad hoc analysis based on business needs
- BA/BS degree from a leading institution; finance or accounting degree preferred
- 1-3 years of work experience in investment banking, consulting or on a finance team at a technology company
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, including ability to develop financial models and presentations from scratch required
- Strong understanding of GAAP and Financial Statements required
- Strong financial acumen and strong planning, analytical, leadership and operations skills
- Highly organized, self-starter and able to deal with ambiguity
- Comfortable working with global business partners across regions
Nice to Have
- Bonus points for experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, Bamboo, Lever
- Experience with planning systems such as Adaptive, Anaplan or Host Analysis
- Experience working in a SaaS company
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Aera Technology respects the privacy of your data. Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here.