Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
Aera is looking for an innovative and enthusiastic product owner to take on one of our most strategic products. This role will require strong understanding of technical concepts, a sharp eye for user experience, and excellent collaboration skills in order to synthesize complex requirements and a big vision into a clear product strategy and roadmap. This individual will be fully responsible for defining priorities and requirements, and leading a team of engineers and designers to drive the development of a product which will become part of our cognitive operating system.
- You will be responsible for setting the priorities for analytics platform
- You will be expected to align with executive stakeholders; to understand the market demands; to know your users and use cases intimately; and to ensure close alignment with the rest of the product team on vision and roadmap
- You will define the detailed product requirements for your area, which should deliver real identifiable value to the business. An important part of your role will be collecting a wide variety of feedback on an ongoing basis, in order to understand user pain points and business needs
- As the owner of the product requirements in an agile environment, you will work closely with the designers, developers, and QA testers throughout the lifecycle of product development to explain the use cases and scope, design the features, and clarify requirements when needed
- You will be the leading expert of your product. You will ensure materials and resources are available to enable other areas of the business in a scalable way
- You will also be the key source of information about product capabilities, backlog, and roadmap for the rest of the organization.
- You will present product demo’s and roadmaps to customers and prospects on a regular basis, and will engage with customers and users to understand their priorities, direction, and problems
- You are passionate - You can be your product’s biggest advocate, and its biggest critic.
- You will ceaselessly pursue excellence, and do whatever it takes to deliver a product that users love and that delivers value.
- You are pragmatic - You know when to focus on nuanced details, and when to bring a more strategic perspective to the table.
- You can identify when to make a quick tactical decision, and when more in-depth research or thought is required.
- You are a learner - You will continually gather new information, ideas, and feedback, and you seek to understand the root of an issue, in order to identify an optimal solution.
- You also know that a good product is the work of collaboration, and therefore you continually go to users to validate assumptions, and engage the team in solving problems.
- You are a master at communication and collaboration - Not only can you communicate a compelling vision or a complex concept, but you also know how to motivate a team to collaborate around a problem and work toward a common goal.
- You have experience working with enterprise SaaS products, web and/or mobile.
- You have a solid understanding of technical concepts for analytics application, user experience design, agile development principles, and a cloud software development lifecycle
- You can demonstrate your ability to drive a cross-functional or complex deliverable from start to finish
- Bonus if you have experience working with scalable Search in application (eg. catalog/item search in Amazon), or Big Data application or Visualization software
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!