Senior Product Security Engineer
Mountain View, CA, USA
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way. We are looking for a Senior Application Security Engineer to help us in our mission to build a new industry. Aera Security is on the cutting edge of many security issues for a wide variety of platforms and technologies including cloud services, Internet of Things (IoT), identity and access management, mobile devices, artificial intelligence and self-driving, all operating at massive scale.
Aera is looking for a motivated Senior Product Security Engineer to be an integral part of our house information security team. We’d love to talk to you if you’re a talented individual who is passionate about finding security weaknesses and crafting scalable and usable solutions. We are enablers who make it easier for engineers to create secure features, not blockers. If that mission sounds exciting to you, we have a few different flavors of projects you might be looking for. It's an amazing time to be working at Aera.
This is a unique role with lots of exposure to all levels of the organization where you can help mold the products Aera produces.
- Guide product teams to prioritize security features alongside product features
- Deep dive into the technical underpinnings of how a product works
- Use penetration testing skills and methodology to hack new applications and services
- Help teams make informed decisions on whether to avoid, mitigate, or accept risks
- Track and prioritize all security issues you find
- Build internal security tools that help fix security problems at scale; then commercialize those tools into a product
- Ability to write code and work to prioritize fix, and understand vulnerabilities (our main languages are Java, Python)
- Deep technical understanding of common security vulnerabilities and risks, as well as countermeasures and compensating controls
- Strong business sense, with entrepreneurial or startup experience preferred
- Previous professional information security experience, with penetration testing or "breaker" experience preferred
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Passion for Machine learning and Comfort in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Natural leadership instincts with proven ability to innovate
- Ability to work well with all levels of the product organization; Champion security in the engineering organization
Nice to Haves
- Prior experience working on a Big Data Service Platform
- Experience as a developer (ideally with, Java, C++, Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Contributions to the security community (public research, blogging, presentations, etc.)
- Experience with build and deployment automation and continuous integration systems (such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity)
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.