Data Scientist - Machine Learning Engineer
Raleigh-Durham, NC, USA
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
Aera Technology is looking for an expert Data Scientist based in Raleigh-Durham, NC. You will be working on new and challenging data science problems.
This is the chance to be part of Aera's newly formed team in RTP, led by one of Aera's longest tenured Engineering leaders!
- You will be responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring and maintaining our machine learning systems that powers the Aera platform.
- You will be working in a highly collaborative environment with other experts in data science and engineering.
- Transform business problems into data problems.
- Research and build statistical/machine-learning models.
- Perform Exploratory Data Analysis and Statistical Analysis; clearly present the results of an analysis to customers and management.
- Collaborate with other team members to build data-science products and services using the Aera platform.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related quantitative field with a focus on Machine Learning or Deep Learning. Ph.D. preferred.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Machine Learning Engineer/Data Scientist; preferably in a product development setting.
- Good intuitive understanding of machine learning algorithms and practical experience building models with incremental/iterative approach.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Experience in implementing machine learning algorithms using APIs/libraries from scikit-learn, H2O, MLlib and TensorFlow.
- Hands-on experience with software development, including translating ML models into scalable production services.
- Experience in working with large data sets and pipelines, distributed systems for machine learning using frameworks such as Apache Spark.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You take complete ownership of your work and are self-driven.
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.