Sales Operations Manager
San Francisco or Mountain View, CA, USA /
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
The Sales Operations Manager directly supports our Client Partners and works behind the scenes to provide research, reports, and craft and support systems and processes that enable the process of sales. You will play a key role with impact in many areas including customer interface, sales forecasting, supply and demand optimization, customer relationship management, and aligning customer expectations with company goals.
This role is a hybrid of traditional jobs in compensation, finance, sales operations, and strategic planning and is crucial to supporting the growth of the Aera sales teams. Success in this role means designing incentive compensation plans that are clear, measurable, cost-efficient, and effective at driving behaviors to meet business objectives in an extremely fast-paced environment.
Please note: We are interested in considering every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, at the present time, we are not able to sponsor visas.
- Partner with General Manager to define, set up, and operationalize key processes, including sales forecasting, sales reporting, analytics, and operations. This will also include setting up and maintaining weekly, monthly and quarterly rhythms for sales commitments, pipeline reviews and sales enablement
- Drive planning and execution for annual sales kickoff events
- Drive annual, semi-annual sales planning including quota planning, go-to-market modeling, capacity modeling, territory planning and optimization
- Define regional goals and success criteria for go-to-market operations. Act as regional liaison with central teams on operations, process and system requirements
- Manage regional bookings forecast information leveraging existing internal processes, methodologies and automation/forecasting tools
- Drive adoption of forecasting tools and dashboards to promote consistent visibility and delivery of the business plan
- Convert raw data into well-presented and useful business information that drives business decisions
- Assist Client Partners through sales cycles with activities including the quote, special pricing and deal tracking, statements of work, master service agreements and revenue management
- Act as the key liaison for aligning territory quotas/plans and managing compensation escalations/exception situations
- Manage compliance of the non-standard transactions process and global compensation splits
- Drive month-end and quarter-end close process; facilitate tracking of outstanding purchase orders, ensuring order compliance, bookings reports, etc.
- The sales operation team will provide deal structuring support and control compliance of proposals with Aera revenue recognition rules
- Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes within Aera
- Works closely with sales and finance leadership in preparing Board level and Executive management presentations
- Partner with senior management to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Makes recommendations for changing go to market in order to maximize sales productivity
- Work cross functional to remove any operation/organizational barriers
- Experience with sales operations, planning, processes and methodologies
- You will have strong consultative and project management skills
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Proven track record of effectively interfacing with cross-functional departments and sales teamsExcellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills
- Advanced skills in Salesforce a strong plus. Knowledge of or strong willingness to learn Altify, Hubspot, and Mavenlink
- Experience with Google’s G Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides) is a must
- Ability to work cross-functionally across all areas of the business
- Self-starter, able to establish own priorities, initiatives and drive to closure
- Works well under the pressure of heavy workload and time constraints
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, operations preferred
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Aera Technology respects the privacy of your data. Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here.