Director, Sales Operations
San Francisco or Mountain View, CA, USA
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
Working side-by-side with our Chief Customer Officer, you will partner with the most recognized companies and executives in the world to drive adoption of our game-changing platform. The Director, Sales Operations will provide strategic leadership for all sales operations and quota/commissions teams directly supporting the Aera sales model. This role will be responsible for building the Sales Operation function, running it and for sales teams to be fully compliant with all processes, procedures, and policies as directed by all corporate based functions as well as the Executive leadership team. This role is responsible for the identification and dissemination of best practices across the entire sales operating model.
Please note: We are interested in considering every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, at the present time, we are not able to sponsor visas.
- Working closely with sales leadership and finance, you’ll build GTM annual operating plan & budget
- Responsible for assigning Salesforce quotas and territories and ensuring Aera sales objectives are covered and complete
- Establishes sales compensation program rules, policies and procedures
- Working closely with sales leadership and Human Resources, establishes a sales enablement plan focused on development and reinforcing critical competencies
- Responsible for orchestrating GTM Governance (QBR, weekly forecasting call, weekly sales update, BOD preparation, account planning and deal reviews)
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting that are essential to day to day GTM effectiveness
- Accountable for sales forecast calls and forecast accuracy
- Lead forecast calls and deal reviews
- Accountable for deal desk SLA’s
- Responsible for defining, maintaining and reporting sales performance metrics
- Responsible for ensuring compliance by the sales teams with our delegation of authority and approval processes
- Manage the sales operations team and accountable for their performance
- The sales operation team will provide deal structuring support and control compliance of proposals with Aera revenue recognition rules
- Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes within Aera
- Works closely with sales and finance leadership in preparing Board level and Executive management presentations
- Partner with senior management to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Makes recommendations for changing go to market in order to maximize sales productivity
- Work cross functional to remove any operation/organizational barriers
- Experience leading sales operations or business planning for global SaaS organizations
- Proven SaaS sales or sales management experience in a B2B software environment
- Experience working with large and complex deals and with high level sales executives
- Project management experience
- Driven, results oriented, assertive, high attention to detail and strong sense of urgency
- Proven ability to multitask and balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Willingness and able to travel as needed, nationally or globally
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Aera Technology respects the privacy of your data. Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here.