Senior Software Engineer, Python
Pune, India /
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our world-class engineering and data science team and become instrumental in the development and architecture of our enterprise cloud platform. As a Sr. SWE, you will collaborate with other Data scientists, designers, product managers to influence product direction and functional requirements, and deliver complex high performance, scalable software products and APIs.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code and automation for Machine Learning Infrastructure
- Work on designing and improving Machine Learning pipelines
- Maintain the CI/CD and improve release pipeline
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs in applications, and devise solutions to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Research and learn new technologies to design code reviews and application enhancements/upgrades
- Collaborate cross-functionally as a key contributor in all phases of the development life-cycle
- Create and execute unit test cases and contribute to test automation
- Participate in design and code reviews
- 5+ yrs of solid experience as a backend developer
- Experience with web frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask, Bottle or SpringBoot)
- Strong knowledge of Data Structures & Algorithms, OOP, Threads, Parallel-Processing
- Experience building secure, complex, and scalable APIs, from design through deployment
- Should be able to write clean, modular code. Solid understanding of writing and delivering testable quality code
- Should have knowledge of SDLC best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations. Experience with GIT, Jira & Agile Methodology
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and REST API
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a big plus
- Experience with SQLExperience in working with large data sets and pipelines, distributed systems for machine learning using frameworks such as Apache Spark
- Experience in building Machine Learning models and experience using libraries such as scikit-learn, pandas, tensorflow, keras, etc.
Nice to Have
- Experience with streaming data and complex event processing systems
- Experience in working with NoSQL technologies like Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra is a plus
- Working knowledge in AWS, Kafka, Apache Spark, Elasticsearch
- Java knowledge is a big plus
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!