Cloud Security Architect
Bucharest, Romania /
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
In this role, your work will influence the success and security for enterprises across the world. Members of our technology team are experts in the field, working to evaluate, secure and improve today’s systems while building tomorrow’s. The Cloud Engineer is a highly technical, hands-on role which will work closely with security, infrastructure, engineering and product managers. The right candidate will provide critical support in a collaborative effort to ensure the Aera cloud maintains the highest level of availability and security to meet or exceeds current best practices as well as internal and external compliance standards.
In this role you will be leading the security architecture efforts of the multi-cloud (AWS and Azure) Aera infrastructure. You will be working with a geographically distributed, collaborative team to help ensure Aera maintains and implements best of breed cloud security practices. The ideal candidate will help Aera innovate cloud systems, infrastructure and security solutions to create value and assurance for our clients.
- Working closely with our Security Operations Center (SOC), Cloud Architecture and Engineering team and Production Operations team you will develop and assist in the implementation of optimal cloud security solutions for the company
- Assess current system security postures and create/update hardening processes, procedures and documentation
- Own all documentation related to security architecture
- Collaborate with architecture, production operations and cloud automation engineering to provide input and suggestions for creating security improvements and enhancements to existing architectures
- Where applicable, educate the Aera SOC on the monitoring and operation of new cloud security controls
- Assist our SOC with the prioritization and remediation of potential risks and vulnerabilities across the entire multi-cloud Aera infrastructure
- Research and maintain current knowledge on cloud provider security capabilities, issues, trends, mitigations and implications
- Develop security best practices for the cloud architecture and engineering team
- Participate in audits and periodic risk reviews in conjunction with the Governance and Compliance team
- Working and current knowledge of security controls and best practices in AWS and Azure cloud ecosystems, ideally with associated experience in cloud interoperability security
- Extensive knowledge of AWS and Azure IAM including crafting custom IAM policies and roles based on the concept of least privilege
- Knowledge of service mesh concepts and experience with security practices for service mesh architectures is a big plus
- Familiarity with security controls and constraints on containerization technologies and orchestration platforms
- Strong knowledge of common internet and application protocols such as TCP/IP, SAML, HTTP, LDAP, DNS and TLS.
- Ability to work with a team of architects and engineers, as well as independently as required
- Experience with HashiCorp Vault or other platform agnostic secret managers is highly desired
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!