Cloud Security Architect
Bucharest, Romania /
R&D – Information Technology & Security /
At Aera Technology, we are helping the largest enterprises in the world transform how they make and execute decisions with Decision Intelligence. Aera understands how your business works, makes real-time recommendations, predicts outcomes, and takes action autonomously. Our platform delivers the business agility required to respond to today’s ever-changing environment.
In this role, your work will influence the success and security for enterprises across the world. Members of our technical a team are experts in the field, working to evaluate, secure, and improve today’s systems while building tomorrow’s. The Cloud Engineer is a highly technical, hands-on role which will work closely with security, infrastructure, engineering, and product managers. The right candidate will provide critical support in a collaborative effort to ensure the Aera cloud maintains the highest level of availability and security to meet or exceeds current best practices as well as internal and external compliance standards.
In this role, you will be leading the security architecture efforts of the multi-cloud (AWS and Azure) Aera infrastructure. You will be working with a geographically distributed, collaborative team to help ensure Aera maintains and implements best-of-breed cloud security practices. The ideal candidate will help Aera innovate cloud systems, infrastructure, and security solutions to create value and assurance for our clients.
- Working closely with our Security Operations Center (SOC), Cloud Architecture and Engineering team, and Production Operations team you will develop and assist in the implementation of optimal cloud security solutions for the company
- Assess current system security postures and create/update hardening processes, procedures, and documentation
- Own all documentation related to security architecture
- Collaborate with architecture, production operations, and cloud automation engineering to provide input and suggestions for creating security improvements and enhancements to existing architectures
- Where applicable, educate the Aera SOC on the monitoring and operation of new cloud security controls
- Assist our SOC with the prioritization and remediation of potential risks and vulnerabilities across the entire multi-cloud Aera infrastructure
- Research and maintain current knowledge on cloud provider security capabilities, issues, trends, mitigations, and implications
- Develop security best practices for the cloud architecture and engineering team
- Participate in audits and periodic risk reviews in conjunction with the Governance and Compliance team
- Working and current knowledge of security controls and best practices in AWS and Azure cloud ecosystems, ideally with associated experience in cloud interoperability security
- Extensive knowledge of AWS and Azure IAM including crafting custom IAM policies and roles based on the concept of least privilege
- Knowledge of service mesh concepts and experience with security practices for service mesh architectures is a big plus
- Familiarity with security controls and constraints on containerization technologies and orchestration platforms
- Strong knowledge of common internet and application protocols such as TCP/IP, SAML, HTTP, LDAP, DNS, and TLS.
- Ability to work with a team of architects and engineers, as well as independently as required
- Experience with HashiCorp Vault or other platform agnostic secret managers is highly desired
Perks and Benefits
- Stock Options: We believe every Aera team member should have a stake in our future success
- Medical: A medical subscription to one of the main private healthcare clinic networks (Regina Maria)
- Employee Referral Program: Earn cash when your referrals get hired!
- Learning and Development: You’ll have access to professional development content through Udemy, our online learning platform. Udemy offers thousands of courses to help you learn new skills - whether for your professional development or your personal interests
- Paid Time Off: Based on seniority, you can benefit from extra annual leave days (up to 5 extra days)
- Snacks: When you’re working from the office, you’ll have access to our fully stocked kitchen with a selection of snacks and beverages
- Events and Extras: We work hard and get things done, but we also value the importance of having fun: office outings; birthday celebrations; holiday parties; weekly in-office lunches, and more
- Work Schedule: We’re open to a hybrid work model, and can offer a flexible daily schedule depending on your role
Note: We’re continuously re-evaluating these to offer the best for our Aeranauts, so these are subject to change for the better
At Aera, our purpose is to enable a sustainable, efficient, and intelligent world with Cognitive Automation. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for fundamentally transforming how people work — from people working machines, to machines working, guided by people, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune, and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Aera Technology respects the privacy of your data. Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here.