Technical Lead / Architect
Mountain View, CA, USA
Build the future, together. If you share our passion for solving the most intractable challenges of enterprise software, you’ve met your match. We commit to challenging you with ambitious goals and doing everything we can to equip you for success. So join us, and let’s build this!
We’re looking to hire experienced engineers to join our agile, exceptionally talented and rapidly growing engineering team. As a Technical Lead / Architect you will design, architect and build our platform and backend services to power our platform.
We are interested in considering every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, at the present time, we are not able to sponsor visas.
- Responsible for designing and leading the data platform from research to delivery
- Drive the architecture and collaborate with a cross functional team on the overall design
- Provide technical leadership and mentor junior team members
- Design the platform for scale and high performance with the ability to handle large amount of data
- Identify bottlenecks in applications and devise solutions to ensure the best possible performance, quality, scalability, security, and responsiveness
- Work in an agile environment with a distributed team
- Other duties may be assigned
- 10+ years of experience in building architecture and design for large-scale enterprise applications in the cloud
- Hands-on experience with Java, J2EE, SQL, multi-threading, caching techniques, and microservices
- Hands-on experience in SQL, data modeling and data structures for high-volume and high-velocity data
- Proven track record in building products on big data systems such as Spark, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka, and other big data technologies
- Experience building large-scale distributed, fault-tolerant systems
- Experience in NoSQL datastores (Cassandra/MongoDB/Redis) and basic knowledge on Columnar database
- Experience with architectural patterns for a large, high-scale data platform (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- Ability to write high performance production quality code. This role is expected to be 70% hands-on with 30% design and architecture
- Proactive, good communication skills and a fast learner
- Strong computer science background
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.