Mountain View, CA, USA /
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
We’re looking to hire an experienced hands-on Technical Lead, Architect to join our rapidly growing engineering team. The role will encompass a mix of architecture and development responsibilities. As a Technical Lead you will design, architect and build our platform and back-end services to power our platform.
- Responsible for designing and leading the data platform from research to delivery
- Drive the architecture and collaborate with a cross functional team on the overall design
- Provide technical leadership and mentor junior team members
- Design the platform for scale and high performance with the ability to handle large amount of data
- Identify bottlenecks in applications and devise solutions to ensure the best possible performance, quality, scalability, security, and responsiveness
- Work in an agile environment with a distributed team
- 4+ years of experience in building architecture and design for large-scale enterprise applications in the cloud
- 6-10 years hands-on experience building enterprise applications in Java, J2EE, SQL, multi-threading, caching techniques, and microservices
- Hands-on experience in SQL, data modeling and data structures for high-volume and high-velocity data
- Proven track record in building products on BigData systems such as Spark, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka, and other big data technologies
- Experience building large-scale distributed, fault-tolerant systems
- Experience in NoSQL datastores (Cassandra/MongoDB/Redis) and basic knowledge on Columnar database
- Experience with architectural patterns for a large, high-scale data platform (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- Ability to write high performance production quality code. This role is expected to be 70% hands-on with 30% design and architecture
- Proactive, good communication skills and a fast learner
- Strong computer science background
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Aera Technology respects the privacy of your data. Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here