Bucharest, Romania /
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
As a Database Engineer for Aera, your work will influence the success of companies across the world. Members of our Technology team are experts in the field, working to evaluate and improve today’s systems while building tomorrow’s. The Database Engineer position is a highly technical hands-on role which requires you to be a great team member as well as an individual contributor.
The primary responsibilities for this role will be defining and executing our cloud database strategy. You will be responsible for developing database automation, designing complex replication networks interfacing with data pipelines to moving data between disparate applications to support our Data Engineering and Data Science teams.
- Work on a team of highly technical and talented database engineers responsible for maintaining the global database systems for Enterprise Engineering
- Build, scale, and administer database infrastructure with a focus on the performance, availability and growth needs of the company
- Improve and optimize database administration and management with coding and automation
- Support day-to-day operations and escalations of the database systems
- Contribute to meeting KPIs and SLAs through management of task queues
- Support large-scale global disaster recovery exercises while working closely with other infrastructure, production and business teams at Aera
- Build an ecosystem supported by full-coverage automation with a bias towards build vs. buy and self-service as a primary objective
- Troubleshooting, fault-isolation and communication across the infrastructure, applications and business teams
- Participate in rotational on-call schedule
- 3+ years’ experience administering MySQL, Cassandra DB, Oracle, Hana, Hadoop, or other relational/No-SQL database covering designing, deploying, troubleshooting, and performance tuning in a production environment
- 3+ years of proven track record of building, securing and automating enterprise scale infrastructure and systems
- Aptitude for automation and streamlining common database administration tasks including backup and recovery, monitoring, security and data-related maintenance
- Experience with the use, Data Loss Prevention, Encryption/Tokenization, Database Activity Monitoring technologies
- Familiarity with modern distributed container cluster management systems (Kubernetes, Docker)
- 1+ years' experience with Cloud service platforms such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!