Technical Support Engineer
Pune, India /
Customer Engagement /
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
Aera is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to work the night-shift in our Pune office. The Technical Support Engineer will be a key team member that helps customers solve technical issues for our cloud-based analytics application. This customer-facing position requires strong communication skills, troubleshooting and excellent problem-solving skills. This role could be ideal for someone with a QA or development background who would like to step into a customer-facing opportunity.
- Quickly learn the functional aspects of Aera's product line
- Work on customer reported issues by interacting with various teams including QA, App Development, Engineering and Product Management
- Gather information systematically and efficiently perform root cause analysis
- Communicate with customers on the status of issues and project items and being responsible of the ticket life-cycle
- Responsible for respecting the defined SLA’s we have with each customer
- Develop knowledge base articles for the use of internal team and external partners
- Bring a positive, collaborative, team-oriented attitude to the office and your customers every day!
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent
- Log analysis and performance troubleshooting in Unix
- Experience with SSO, REST API
- Good knowledge of SQL, DB performance analysis and optimization.
- Knowledge or Experience with Application servers
- Experience with Java/J2EE coding and development
- Knowledge of the following tools is preferred: ZenDesk, JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket ( or similar )
- Experience working in a start-up software company is a strong advantage
- Expertise in Business Intelligence software preferred : ETL, data-warehouse concepts
- SAP techno-functional experience will give you a large advantage working with our large enterprise customers
- On- and offshore coordination and communication
- Very eager to dig into technical support issues to figure out the root cause so the issue will not recur
- Bring a positive, collaborative, team-oriented attitude to the office and your customers everyday!
Nice to Have
- Background in Java programming is a plus
- Understanding of 3 tier application architecture
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms, AWS is a plus
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!