Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing businesses.
Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous.
Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
Aera Technology is seeking a Senior Accountant in our Pune Office to support our growth as we scale globally.
The ideal candidate will have an accounts payable and general accounting background with a strong understanding of GAAP.
If you like taking initiative, have outstanding organization skills, and are excited to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, then we want to hear from you!
- Integral part of the monthly close process, ensure compliance with monthly close calendar of US Entity.
- US Resource for Vendor management: Respond to all vendor and internal business partner inquiries, resolving vendor issues, and maintaining vendor files (Both for Local entity and US HQ).
- Obtain appropriate approval and ensure accurate expense recording based on department and expense category (Both for local entity and US HQ).
- Experience with payments through Wires/ ACH and Payment recording for Accounts payable
- Assist with expense management: Employee expense reports and credit card expenses for local and US entity.
- Prepare and maintain prepaid amortization schedule and work with internal business partners on the renewal/cancellation for US Prepayments
- Maintain lease and fixed asset schedules for property and equipment for US Entity
- Prepare month-end journal entries, assist in intercompany and prepare balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules for US Entity
- Participate in audits - local and US audits by providing audit requirements and PBCs as well as responding to auditors
- Document desk procedures and processes for assigned areas
- Participate in system implementation as well as roll out of new processes
- Pro-actively seek out process improvements; continuously make recommendations for improvement and implement agreed-upon changes.
- Minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience in the Accounting field
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with Netsuite or other ERP systems
- Experience with Expensify
- Proficient in excel
- Independent, self-motivated individual with great work ethic and a start-up mindset of willing to help out wherever needed
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical, process improvement skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and with external parties
- High ethical standards with demonstrated experience handling highly sensitive and confidential information
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task as well as prioritize and adhere to tight deadlines
- Love of setting up automated processes and increasing operational efficiency
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in San Francisco (California), Portland (Oregon), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), and Pune (India). So join us, and let’s build this!