Senior Database Engineer
R&D – Tech Ops /
Aera Technology is the Decision Intelligence company. We deliver innovation and services that enable enterprises to operate sustainably, intelligently, and efficiently. Our platform, Aera Decision Cloud™, integrates with your existing systems to digitize, augment, and automate decisions in real time. Aera helps enterprises around the world transform decision making – delivering millions of recommendations that have resulted in significant revenue gains and cost savings for some of the world’s best-known brands.
The primary responsibilities for this role will be defining and executing our cloud database strategy. You will be responsible for developing database automation, and designing complex replication networks interfacing with data pipelines to move data between disparate applications to support our Data Engineering and Data Science teams.
- Work on a team of highly technical and talented database engineers responsible for maintaining the global database systems for Enterprise Engineering
- Build, scale, and administer Data Warehouse, RDBMS, NoSQL and Graph database infrastructure with a focus on the performance, availability and growth needs of the company.
- Improve and optimize database administration and management with coding and automation
- Support day-to-day operations and escalations of the database systems
- Contribute to meeting KPIs and SLAs through management of task queues
- Support large-scale global disaster recovery exercises while working closely with other infrastructure, production and business teams at Aera
- Build an ecosystem supported by full-coverage automation with a bias towards build vs. buy and self-service as a primary objective
- Troubleshooting, fault-isolation and communication across the infrastructure, applications and business teams
- Participate in rotational on-call schedule
Nice to have
- 6+ years’ experience administering RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL), Analytical DBs (Exasol, Hana, Redshift, Postgres), NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB), GraphDB (Neo4j, AWS Neptune) covering designing, deploying, troubleshooting, and performance tuning in a production environment
- 6+ years of proven track record of building, securing and automating enterprise scale infrastructure and systems
- Experience with the use, Data Loss Prevention, Encryption/Tokenization, Database Activity Monitoring technologies
- Familiarity with modern distributed container cluster management systems a big PLUS (Kubernetes, Docke)
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as: Jenkins, Liquidbase, Flyway, etc. A big PLUS
If you share our passion for building a sustainable, intelligent, and efficient world, you’re in the right place. Established in 2017 and headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're a series D start-up, with teams in Mountain View, San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Aera Technology, we strive to support our Aeranauts and their loved ones through different stages of life with a variety of attractive benefits, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock options, we have other great benefits available. You’ll find comprehensive medical, Group Medical Insurance, Term Insurance, Accidental Insurance, paid time off, Maternity leave, and much more. We offer unlimited access to online professional courses for both professional and personal development, coupled with people manager development programs. We believe in a flexible working environment, to allow our Aeranauts to perform at their best, ensuring a healthy work-life balance. When you’re working from the office, you’ll also have access to a fully-stocked kitchen with a selection of snacks and beverages.