Software Engineer in Test
Pune, India /
R&D – Engineering /
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
We're looking for a talented Manual and Automation QA Engineer who is passionate about manual testing as well as test automation. This is an excellent opportunity for people who enjoy working on the full cycle of manual testing and co-owning the test automation, including risk analysis, creating a test strategies & plans, creating & executing manual test cases and automation scripts, finding/logging/verifying defects, supporting releases and helping with on-going product maintenance.
The candidate hired for this position will be a part of a highly collaborative team that works with innovative technologies in a fast-paced, creative and fun environment. You will be working with other testers, developers, designers, product managers who appreciate each of your bugs - imagine that! You will play a very important role in ensuring the quality and excellence of our product.
- Work with Product, Design, and Engineering teams on requirements gathering and evaluation
- Establish goals for manual testing and & automation for new & existing features
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, test estimates, schedules and potential risks
- Create and execute manual test cases and automation scripts, and consistently contribute to improve test automation infrastructure and coverage
- Develop test plans that assess system impact and application performance
- Define and create functional test scenarios, regression tests, negative and usability tests
- Create test schedules according to the defined software delivery timelines
- Participate in design and development of test automation frameworks and solutions across our entire stack
- Be a vocal champion for quality in every phase of the development process
- Perform software compatibility tests with different software configurations on multiple platforms, operating systems and network environments
- Work with our Customer Success team on investigating customer-facing issues and drive issues to closure
- Perform production post-deployment validations, test and coordinate deployment of the hotfixes
- Strong knowledge of SDLC, STLC, Defect lifecycle, SQA methodologies and practices
- 6+ years of overall experience in testing Web-based applications, including 3 years in test automation using Selenium, Java, TestNG etc.
- Ability to test applications with multiple dependencies, while simultaneously ensuring the highest quality standards
- Good experience of writing Selenium scripts and strong Java programming knowledge
- Up to speed with modern software engineering tools: version control systems (Git/Bitbucket), issue tracking(JIRA), test management (TestRail/Zephyr/ALM), build systems (Gradle/Maven), test tools (TestNG/JUnit), continuous integration (Jenkins) etc.
- Good knowledge of creating and executing SQL queries and parsing DB results as required
- Experience with API testing, RESTful web services, RESTAssured with JSON payloads
- Strong sense of ownership, passionate, fast learner, detail-oriented, analytical mindset, perfection seeker
- Excellent written and verbal communication, people and collaboration skillsAbility to effectively work and communicate with cross-functional teams in multiple locations
- Self-motivated with an ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and documentation skills, strong analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills
Nice to Have
- Experience working with globally distributed team
- Experience with multi-tenant SaaS applications
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!