People Operations (HR) Generalist
San Francisco or Mountain View, CA, USA
People Operations (HR)
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
We are looking for a talented People Operations (HR) Generalist who is passionate about creating a stellar employee experience for Aeranauts globally. In this role, you’ll partner directly with our Chief People Officer to support our growth as we more than double the size of the company this year.
The ideal candidate brings 5+ years of experience in human resources administration and has experienced first hand the intensity, challenges and fun of rapidly scaling a global team. You bring a background in onboarding, offboarding, benefits, immigration, employee relations, and performance management.
This role will be based in the Bay Area and will split time between our Mountain View headquarters and our San Francisco office.
- Partner with Aera’s Chief People Officer and local People Team members (Romania, India, Western Europe, ANZ) to deliver a consistent and positive experience to all Aeranauts globally
- Conduct new hire orientation and onboard new hires globally
- Prepare termination and severance documentation and conduct exit interviews
- Partner with immigration attorneys and manage the immigration cases for employees on visas
- Support employees with any benefits-related questions and manage the annual open enrollment process
- Manage the leaves of absences program, and resolve any issues that may arise
- Draft offer letters, employment agreements, verification of employment letters and other HR documentation
- Partner with Aera’s Chief People Officer on People-related projects and initiatives, such as performance development programming
- Manage the HRIS (BambooHR) and payroll system to ensure the systems are up to date
- Partner with Aera’s management team on team member performance issues
- Develop and implement policies and procedures as needed
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Bachelor's degree
- ~5 years of work experience in a People Ops / HR administration role
- Experience working with a modern HRIS (bonus points for experience with BambooHR), ATS (we’re on Lever) and a PEO (we’re with ADP)
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of new hire onboarding
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- A proactive and creative approach to problem solving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential at all times
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple, often competing, demands
- Additional training and/or certifications in Human Resources is a plus
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.