Senior User Interface Software Engineer
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
Our mission is to provide next generation end to end self service capabilities for managing data, from the moment you start crawling to providing a logical data model layer.
As an engineer, you will have the chance to be involved in the architectural process of creating products, design the technological stack and work along with the PMs and Stakeholders on how the future will look like.
Aera's patented data crawlers automatically discover and ingest enterprise data into Aera platform at scale. Aera comes with predefined libraries built with a deep understanding of the source systems and acquires the data in the most performant and optimal manner. Once data is ingested, data is harmonised across all source systems and turned from raw into business insights using deep domain knowledge combined with powerful SQL & Python processing scripts. Users can easily reuse, extend or create new data processes using interfaces built-in with data previews and profiles to give immediate feedback. Aera comes with a rich cognitive data library, that allows everyone from a business analyst to a data engineer or data scientist to quickly find what they need, understand with the help of rich statistics and use it in the cognitive skills.
We're hiring exceptionally talented UI developers to join our top-notch engineering team. This is a great opportunity to be part of a team developing cutting-edge enterprise cloud platform. You must be highly motivated, independent, result oriented and enjoy working in a start-up atmosphere.
- Develop new features and components in our existing web application.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Work with PM and UX designer to understand requirement and ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX design.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Collaborate with other team members and with cross-functional teams and stakeholders across geographies.
- Create and execute unit test cases and contribute to test automation.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- A passion for UI/UX - You are an experienced UI developer with a proven track record of delivering great software.
- Experience with NodeJS, Browserify, Babelify, Gulp, Bower.
- An ability to write code for responsive UI and implement common widgets.
- Have a passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well.
- A firm grasp of Computer Science fundamentals including object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Experience with Java, Rest API is a big plus.
- Experience with cloud services. Experience with microservices would be a bonus.
- An urge to collaborate with other architects, designers, product managers and software developers to influence product direction and functional requirements.
- Ability to coach and collaborate inside and outside the team - You enjoy working closely with others, teaching, and learning, and are comfortable showing off your work.
- Have a positive energy and enthusiasm - cultural fit is a big deal for us, we’re looking for smart people who are excited about solving big problems and are self-motivated to get things done.
- Are highly organized and have a professional attitude towards work - You're an exceptional communicator, you are pragmatic, and you know how to build trust.
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Portland (Oregon), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!