Application Developer, Data Modeling
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
We are looking for Application Developers to build new data analytics models and develop the data processing code for Aera's cognitive applications (Aera "Skills"), used by many of the world’s largest organisations. In this role, you will be responsible for building new analytics models including facts, dimensions, and measures, while also designing innovative ways to process large datasets at high speeds.
- Build data crawlers to extract data from customers' sources using Aera's proprietary ETL platform, and troubleshoot the issues faced during data loading & processing
- Design and build data warehouse models in columnar databases
- Develop data processing scripts using SQL and be able to optimize complex sequences of SQL queries
- Work with Solution Architects to understand customers' business requirements and implement them
- Perform data analysis for complex use cases using SQL
- Document technical specification for the cognitive applications that we are creating for the customers
- Own the entire development and implementation workflow
- Experience working in ETL (Extract/Transform/Load) processes
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Strong knowledge of BI domain, DWH concepts and reporting
- Basic Unix knowledge
- Familiarity with workflows in programming concepts
- Experience using columnar databases
- Experience working directly with customers and presenting your ideas
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Other Good Stuff
- Applied Python programming
- Applied Java programming
- Applied ML skills. R programming experience
- Experience working with JSON and XML files
- Experience using APIs
- Knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of supply chain fundamentals and terminology
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!