Mountain View, CA, USA
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way. We are looking for a Product Marketing leader to bring our product narratives to life and support our growth as we scale globally.
We're looking for an experienced and skilled Accounting Manager to join our Finance team. The ideal candidate will have an accounts payable and general accounting background with a strong understanding of GAAP. If you like taking initiative, have outstanding organization skills, and are excited to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, we want to hear from you!
- Monthly close activities and generation of financials
- Preparation of balance sheet recons and flux analysis
- Participate in flux and recon review meetings
- Participate in audits - local , HQ and tax audits by providing audit requirements and PBCs as well as responding to auditors
- Participate in system implementation as well as roll out of new processes
- Document desktop procedures for accounting processes
- Manage intercompany activities and prepare journal entries
- Manage fixed assets: maintain lease and fixed asset schedules for property and equipment, tracking lease deposits, scheduled rent, and capital leases
- Prepare and maintain prepaid amortization schedule and work with internal business partners on the renewal/cancellation
- Perform accrual entries
- Perform ad hoc special projects and additional duties as needed
- Partner with various business owners and finance to provide financial and analytical support
- Minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience in the Accounting field at a U.S. SaaS company
- Independent, self-motivated individual with great work ethic and a start-up mindset of willing to help out wherever needed
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical, process improvement skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a positive, service-oriented attitude. Proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and with vendors
- High ethical standards with demonstrated experience handling highly sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to multi-task as well as prioritize and adhere to tight deadlines
- Love of setting up automated processes and increasing operational efficiency
- NetSuite and Expensify experience preferred
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!