Manager, Security Operations & Engineering
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
In this role, your work will influence the success of companies across the world. Members of our Technology team are experts in the field, working to evaluate and improve today’s systems while building tomorrow’s. The Manager of Security Operations & Engineering is a highly technical hands-on role which requires you to be a great team manager as well as an individual contributor.
The primary responsibilities for this role will be the development, maintenance and enforcement of the global security posture for the products, technology and processes in order to adequately protect Aera assets and customer data as well as providing an escalation point for others to consult and trust in the candidate’s technical knowledge base. Primary leader for Implementing and monitoring key SOC performance indicators, identify opportunities to improve team performance, and make adjustments to operations processes as necessary
- Direct the team, functions, processes, and operations of the SOCTake lead on threat hunting, IOC (indicators of compromise) analysis, and incident response;
- Oversee the monitoring, identification, escalation, and resolution of security incidentsHelp implement and fine-tune our security tools, such as endpoint protection, SIEM, vulnerability assessment, and cloud security monitoring
- Work closely with our MSSPs, to address the most sever security alerts and incidents, including full cycle of detection, analysis, containment, eradication, recovery and post-mortem improvementIntegrate and automate services and operational tasks by consuming and building APIs, tools and frameworks that enforce security policies across the entire Aera organization
- Lead the development, documentation, and implementation of policies and procedures associated with security monitoring efforts
- Manage outsourced and in-house SOC relationships and services for quality performance and fulfilment of Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Establish performance goals and priorities for a Global SOC teamDevelop, mentor and counsel staff
- 7+ years in a security analysis or operations role7+ years of proven track record of building, securing and automating enterprise scale infrastructure and systems
- Experience with incident response, either in-house or through an outsourced service provider
- 5+ years working knowledge of SIEM tools; Splunk a big plus
- 5+ years of working experience with scanning tools (Nessus, Qualys, IBM AppScan, etc.) and PAM (BeyondTrust, CyberArk, etc.)
- Ability to partner, closely with cross-functional internal stakeholders, like IT, compliance, HR and legal teams
- Someone who is always thinking about attack vectors in which PII and PHI can be compromised
- Familiarity with AWS
- Familiarity with scripting languages
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!