Corporate Infrastructure Engineer
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
In this role, your work will influence the success of companies across the world. Members of our Technology team are experts in the field, working to evaluate and improve today’s systems while building tomorrow’s. The Corporate Infrastructure Engineer position is a highly technical hands-on role which requires you to be a great team member as well as an individual contributor.
The primary responsibilities for this role will be to build and lead the Aera’s IT Operational and Strategic requirements as we grow. In this role, you will work with various stakeholders and teams to understand their needs to design, build and support them with the needed IT infrastructure.
- Operations - 70%
- Oversee the success of all corporate technology services in the region, including employee support (help desk), executive support, audio visual services, information security, and infrastructure and network troubleshooting
- Work with local and global vendors to procure hardware
- Provide break-fix support for PC and MAC users across a variety of IT infrastructure and technologies
- New hire hardware and software setups including all profiles, appropriate network access and user aliases
- Manage, track and renew all software licenses that the Aera possesses and needs to acquire
- Maintain and troubleshoot all wi-fi and wireless connectivity infrastructure
- Local area network management including network security, fiber connectivity, switches, routers, firewalls and all network administration requirements
- Oversee and mitigate risks within our server room including all racking, cabling, patch panels, and the infrastructure that powers the room (HVAC, power and lights)
- Drive all inventory tracking and asset tracking documentation for existing and future IT hardware, software and license assets
- Manage key deliverables including storage, backup strategies, data transfers and cloud/streaming initiatives
- Source, procure and purchase all hardware, software and peripheral needs for staffing and general infrastructure requirements
- Support all conference and meeting room A/V, connectivity and voice needs, along with future hardware enhancements for these rooms
- Strategy - 30%
- Identify business challenges and propose proactive technical solutions to resolve them
- Work with Aera stakeholders and key business partners to design, influence and integrate technical solutions to support and enable effective Corporate Services
- Collaborate with Technology counterparts across departments to identify best practices and lessons learned to drive operational efficiencies and future growth planning
- Spearhead all IT strategic planning discussions related to potential future office locations
- Oversee IT integration with multiple remote partners and offsite locations
- Identify long-term strategies and business justification for additional IT resources to accommodate Employee growth
- 5+ years in an IT Engineering or operations role
- 5+ years of proven track record of building, securing and automating enterprise scale infrastructure and systems
- Experience in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale complex infrastructure systems
- 2+ years experience with enterprise storage technologies
- Working Knowledge of Active Directory fundamentals (Administration\Troubleshoot of Active Directory, Group Policy, AD Replication, Authentication, Kerberos)
- Knowledge of Desktop technologies (User Profiles, Domain Joining, Windows 10)
- Knowledge of various OS related functionality including, but not limited to Backups, Capacity Planning, Disaster Recovery, and File System Management
- Advanced knowledge in configuring, administrating and troubleshooting of Microsoft® Windows Products including Windows Server 2008/R2, Windows Server 2016/2012/R2, Win10
- Understanding of different protocols and services (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, SNMP, WSUS, WDS)
- Strong fundamentals on TCP/IP concepts, load balancing, GTM, ACL, routing, network analysis and performance and application issues using standard tools
- Experience within the last 5 years operating business critical services
- Scripting Knowledge (Bash, PowerShell) and AWS experience a Big Plus!
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!