Business Operations Associate
Mountain View, CA, USA
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses.
As one of the early members of the Business Operations team, you will play a critical role in building, running, and analyzing the systems and processes that will propel our company forward. Ops sits at the intersection of our commercial teams (Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success) and our Finance/People teams. Our centralized team helps manage the single source of data-driven truth for the company. In short, we make sure the trains run on time!
Our ideal candidate is endlessly curious, analytical and will have 3-5 years of analytics and process/system management at a rapidly growing technology company or equivalent analytical experience at a top-tier investment bank or consulting firm. If you are excited by data, reporting, systems and pride yourself in being able to stretch across functions, then we’d love to hear from you!
- Partner closely with the business units to provide financial and analytical support, specifically in the area of People planning - yes, we’re growing fast!
- Apply project management principles and best practices to plan, execute, and track key executive-level initiatives across the company
- Prepare weekly and monthly management / board reporting packs and forecast updates
- Work with leaders across the company to set corporate goals and KPIs, cascade them to the relevant teams, and develop systems for monitoring progress against them
- Evaluate, purchase, launch and administer third-party software tools to optimize internal processes
- 3-5 years of analytics and process/system management at a rapidly growing technology company or equivalent analytical experience at a top-tier investment bank or consulting firm
- Familiarity with industry-standard practices and software tools like Netsuite, Salesforce, Lever, or BambooHR
- Attention to detail and a track-record of setting and beating aggressive deadlines
- Financial or statistical modeling skills using spreadsheets and/or planning tools
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- Experience working with startups and/or SaaS companies is preferable, an understanding of relevant operational metrics is key
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!